Pension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension

Options
kane1994
kane1994 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
Hi I have been told due to the inability to work I am no eligible to get my pension from work early they have confirmed this it's £2200.00 how will this affect other benefits ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Do you mean you are now eligible to receive your work pension? If so then it will totally depend on what benefits exactly you're claiming. Is it a one off payment or will you be receiving weekly or monthly payments? if you're receiving means tested benefits, it will also depend how much the lump sum payment increases your total savings amount to.

You haven't really given enough of information for anyone to advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kane1994
    kane1994 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
    Options
    Hi ,

Yes it's my work place pension it will be in a one off lump sum. I'm receiving pip standard daily living at the moment but they may change and a joint universal credit claim with my cababilty to work and work related activity amount added on as well as care component that my partner gets for caring for me thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.