Received pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received pip review

Options
hfr00
hfr00 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I received my pip review Monday and I have filled it in with help from my mum/ carer.
I have put as much detail as possible as to how my conditions still affect me. BPD/Autism/OCD. I have also included all the evidence I have 20 pages of it. What’s going to happen now as there are no face to face assessments for the next 3 months or longer?
Tagged:

Comments

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    They are doing either paper based or telephone assessments for the next 3 months or so. 
  • hfr00
    Options
    How will I know if I’ll have a paper based or telephone review? Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you have a telephone assessment they will contact you with a date for the phone call. It's also possible that none of those will happen and they may just wait until the face to face assessments are back on before they contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hfr00
    Options
    Will my pip stop if I don’t get that though? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea what is going to happen with those waiting for reviews because there's been no announcements regarding that. Usually, if a decision hasn't been made by the time an award is due to end then payments will stop but these very difficult times are not usual. If it gets close to your end date then you'll need to ring DWP to ask what will happen to your award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hfr00
    Options
    My end date of my award is November so I’ll try not to worry until I here from the DWP then. I have developed other health problems do I need to inform them in the meantime? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It has now been confirmed that those who have an end date of their award and are due a review, will have their award extended and you will be contacted by DWP. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-update-benefit-reviews-and-reassessments-suspended

Developing other health conditions doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to a higher award. It depends how your conditions affect you whether or not you'll score anymore points. If you report changes then you will be sent more forms. Maybe best to leave that for now.

• DenHar314
    DenHar314 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Had a phone assessment in February, got a text 17 February  saying received and would contact me in 6 weeks this was updated to 11 weeks last week so now waiting till May 
  • paul93
    paul93 Community member Posts: 69 Connected
    Options
    Dear poppy123456
    My PIP is going to end on 2nd of August 2020 which was won from Tribunal what shall i do in this situation when can i reapply 
    Thanks
    Paul
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi,

All face to face assessments have been suspended for at least 3 months. Those that are claiming PIP and have an end date coming up they will be contacted by DWP and their award will be extended.

You have 5 months before your award is due to end. At the moment i would try not to worry because if the worst happens and things haven't started to return to normal by then you will be contacted by DWP regarding your award.

This link will confirm what i've advised.

• paul93
    Options
    Dear poppy123456
    My PIP was extended for six months and its payed till 2nd Feb 2021.I sent the renewal form in mid Dec 2020 but not heard anything yet so what shall i do.
    Thanks
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Personally @paul93 I’d give them a ring to see if there’s any progress.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @paul93

There I'd quite a backlog so I would imagine your review of with the assessment company waiting for them to arrange the assessment 

As your current award has now ended your payments will stop till your review is complete.  If you get another award you will get back pay to when it stopped 
  • paul93
    Options
    janer1967
    Thanks for your reply
  • paul93
    Options
    Hi there
    I have pip telephone assessment on 15th March can anyone tell me how to prepare for the assessment Thanks 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.