Lwrca approved, question about backdated payment. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwrca approved, question about backdated payment.

Camkk2020
Camkk2020 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I previously posted about my worry concerning my lwrca payment, it has finally been approved as I had provided enough information about my illness to be accepted without a health assesment. All that I'm wondering now is what date will I be backdated up to as I handed in my first fit note on 5 Oct 2018, does this mean I will be backdated until January of last year or only until I handed in my uc50 in february any help or guidance is much appreciated:) 

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @Camkk2020. Have a look at this post Thanks.

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @Camkk2020 also want to introduce you to @p@poppy123456 who might be able to help? Thanks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time before the LCWRA is applied. Then you receive the extra money from the 4th month of your claim. So it will depend when your assessment periods are and when you first sent evidence of Limited capability for works. Exact dates are needed to be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Camkk2020
    You're answer isnt very clear, may just be me being unable to understand. I was not told anything about my 3 month assesment period I was told I am not needed to attend a health assesment as my GP and cpn had provided enough information for me to be accepted.... my uc50 had been recieved on the 28th of last month. My first ever fit note for my health condition was handed in on the 5th of October 2018 
  • poppy123456
    My answer isn't clear because i didn't answer your question. I still can't help you without knowing the dates of your assessment periods. Everyone that claims UC has an assessment period each month and this lasts for 1 calendar month, every month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Camkk2020
    You're not making any sense to me. I'm actually getting frustrated because you're talking to me as if I should know, I've never had assessments each month I've only had appointments every now and then I've never had an assesment ever, appointments are the only things I've attended and it's usually only been to hand in a new sick note which is usually every 3 months depending on length. Thankyou for trying to help but I think I'm just going to use my cpn from now on because you've made me feel disencoursged from using this site.
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry i've made you feel this way. I've helped thousands of people here on scope and still continue to advise others despite everything going on in the whole country right now. I also have a disability myself, yet i still continue to advise others.

Everyone claiming UC has an assessment period. When yours are will depend on when you first started your claim for UC because the assessment period will start on the first day of your claim and run for 1 calendar month, each month.

This link will explain what the assessment period is. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Jargon-buster/Assessment-Period

Without knowing the dates of your assessment periods no one can tell you how much backdated money you will receive.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.