PIP and work capability assessment reviews during Covid19 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and work capability assessment reviews during Covid19

poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone,

In addition to the face to face assessments being suspended for at least 3 months. All awards  that are due to expire, they will be extending end-dates so that claimants continue to receive financial support at their current rate during this period.

If you have received a work capability assessment form recently, you will be contacted by the health assessment providers.

This applies to UK only.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Tagged:

Comments

• delise1
    delise1 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Hello everyone today I received a yearly pip update which I never had before since getting pip I this a natural thing I am a bit confused can anyone help me with this thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, with the benefit increases next month they usually send yearly uprating letters around this time. I received my just a couple of days ago. This has nothing to do with the suspended assessments because of the C19 pandemic.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • delise1
    Hello poppy123456 thanks for your answer I really appreciate it thanks again. 
  • delise1
    Hello poppy123456  may coming going to be 2 year since I have been getting pip will I still have to go for an assessment when my award end?
  • male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    I've a telephone assessment tomorrow morning
    Best Wishes 
  • poppy123456
    male45 said:

This applies to those in the UK only, i believe you are in N.Ireland?
  • poppy123456
    delise1 said:
    Hello poppy123456  may coming going to be 2 year since I have been getting pip will I still have to go for an assessment when my award end?

Yes but it will depend when your award is due to end. Everyone has different award lengths. You need to check your award letter to see when it's due to end.
  • starbuck
    starbuck Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    A family member has a pip assessment booked for tomorrow. No-one has been touch to cancel so I have no idea if it's going ahead or not. I hope they don't have to do a phone assessment as they can't talk on the phone because of anxiety problems.....
  • starbuck
    Just rung Capita and their phone message says any assessments from 17th March onwards are now cancelled and they will be in touch. 
    What happens if they get asked for a phone assessment?  ???
  • poppy123456
    starbuck said:
    Just rung Capita and their phone message says any assessments from 17th March onwards are now cancelled and they will be in touch. 
    What happens if they get asked for a phone assessment?  ???

Face to face assessments have been suspended for at least 3 months. Your friend should have been contacted by the health assessment providers if they have a face to face appointment for tomorrow because that will now be canceled. If they haven't been contacted they will need to ring them to speak to them.
  • starbuck
    edited March 2020
    I've just phoned and they said that it will be a phone assessment :s    I have no idea how they are going to manage this. I asked the operator what would happen if they aren't able to bring themselves to speak on the phone but he had no advice.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Are you able to be with them for the assessment?  And have it on speaker phone so you can prompt if that would be helpful?
  • starbuck
    Hi, sorry meant to update the post. Yes we did just that, thankyou. I'm not the best at speaking on the phone but it took about 30 minutes and we managed it between us. I really feel for anyone who has no support through this as my relative could not have done this on their own and would probably have just ditched the claim altogether ??
  • male45
    male45 said:

This applies to those in the UK only, i believe you are in N.Ireland?
    Hi @p@poppy123456
    Sorry none reply earlier than this.
    I am in Northern Ireland  yes and I had my telephone assessment on march 26th at 9.15 which last 40 minutes. The woman sounded very young but was pleasant.  She asked me every question on the form and asked about walking distance several times trying to hint I could walk further than 30 metres which I told her. She asked a lot about dressing and undressing, cooking etc. At my appeal from the last assessment i was award on feb 3rd this yr enhanced daily living and standard mobility.  My rep phoned me the night before suggesting he thought i may be okay and still get my same award, but he also suggested they may go after my enhanced and standard mobility. I think now he was right. I can only wait and see. 
    We are having difficulties here with mail coming from uk mainland at present as many aircrafts are grounded. We understand here delays at some distribution points at air terminals where mail is stored. We get capita letters from Darlington  believe it or not to tell us about appointments etc for here!
    So all I can do is wait for the dreaded dear john letter you've not been awarded etc.
    Best wishes

Best Wishes 
  • starbuck
  • male45
    @starbuck
    Thank you.
    Best Wishes 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.