Pip report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report

Options
emmac7609
emmac7609 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I do find it very frustrating that things are said in reports that are untrue, and someone can judge how it effects you without physically seeing you in an every day environment. 
Some of the things quoted are so the wrong end of the stick it’s laughable!
Ive had to have multiple days off sick from work due to my condition, I go to hospital every 6 months due to it and it will be with me for life.
Yet the report says we can’t class your money problems as a disability.
I said I am stressed out due to the amount of time I have to have off due to my condition. Stress comes along with lupus and it is a vicious circle. 
It just makes me sad knowing that clearly struggle daily and someone has totally misunderstood most things and it’s like I’m making it up!
I honestly wish I wasn’t sick :( 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, sorry you feel upset about your assessment report, the assessment is under taken to access your abilities in relation to the PIP descriptors nothing more or nothing less. Having financial issues, difficulties ect is not classed as a disability and budgeting and handling financial decision making is only one descriptor in the daily living activities of the PIP descriptors. So go forward people must read and understand the PIP descriptors before filling in their application forms so they can provide, give the correct and enough supporting evidence, information for each of the descriptors. Preparation is needed and an understanding if the PIP descriptors and points awarded system. 
  • emmac7609
    emmac7609 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    The thing is I never at any stage said anything about money. I said I was worried about the amount of time I have off due to my illness. They basically they jumped to conclusions. 
    I don’t pay any of my own bills and can prove this, but was marked down and down and told I could. 
    The worst was being told I don’t suffer with mental health issues because I don’t see anyone for it specifically. 
    I have been effected by my illness and how it’s effected me for the last 8 years. 
    I’m now going to appeal but it has worried me 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @emmac7609, how are you doing?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.