How do you register for the DWP list? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you register for the DWP list?

christine2009
christine2009 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
How do you register for the dwp list to get home shopping for the disabled dosayoeow
Tagged:

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I am not aware of any DWP list, there is a government list here, https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

You can register, but I dont know yet if people are going to be rejected because they dont fit into the governments ideology of needing help, or if they plan to use this form to expand on top of the existing list.
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I failed the tests in https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable because it is intended to identify who should be isolated at home to protect tham from this virus.  Unfortunately. organisations like Sainsbury's are using it to decide who needs home deliveries, and being disabled is not ebough [I know, I asked them].

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @jacksprat

You are incorrect about the registration scheme the government, has setup for extremely vulnerable people.

There is no pass or fail, you simple apply to the register.

On completion of the registration, you are told to contact your GP.

Therefore Sainsbury’s or any other organisation cannot confirm, that you are on this register.

It also states that you should get a letter from the NHS by tomorrow, informing you that you are one of the 1-5 million patients seen in this group, this information has been in circulation for over two weeks.

All households in the UK are due to get a “DEFCOM” letter from the PM, over the next few days.

Stay safe.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @atlas47   I applied and was turned down was not vulnerable enough .

Does ask any of the listed conditions.

One further comment my local Police have sent a note.

Asking if need help or support contact them.

Thinking of my community might be worth looking to see if they do this in your areas.

Please if I can help with anything please ask me.

Always on here every day . Tag my username happy to be supportive.

If I can not help find out for you.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    edited March 2020
    Hello @jacksprat   Please may I suggest other shopping on line delivery services.

https://www.tesco.com

https://www.ocado.com

https://www.asda.com

https://www.iceland.co.uk

https://www.morrisons.com

We have our favourites but in a time like this if you can not access the one you love.

I know with my own issues of mental health like familiar shops and routines yet have to adapt.

Please may I add further as stated my local Police sent a note around asking if need support, contact them.

Please have a look at your own local Police Force see how they can advise.

I am here daily and please if you need to ask anything wish to know.

Please tag my username.

Happy to help part of my role and glad to listen be supportive.

Please get in touch, if I can not answer or do not know find out for you contact our team who be able to help.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @worried33   Please I have been sent a note by my local Police force.

Offering help and support .

Please if you can find out your own local Police force may be able to help.

Please if you need to know anything please have at our Covid_19 information on our website.

If I can help here daily please ask me tag my username.

If I do not know or can not help find out for you contact a member of our team.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    @atlas47 If you answer the questions on https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable at the end you are either told you satisfy the requirements or not.  I did not, and was left nowhere.

I would have remembered if after rejection I was asked to contact my GP.  In any case, there is no communication path between my GP and the supermarket  [I cannot see him waiting for 2 hours on the phone].

I reiterate that the HMG criteria are not for identifying the disabled.  This might explain why I have not received anything from my GP or HMG.

• mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    i tried to register on the gov.co.uk  website but the computer said no. did get a lovely call from my GP on 23 march reminding me to stay indoors.

maybe its better that they direct resources to other people who need them more than i do.
  • thespiceman
    edited March 2020
    Hello @jackspat Confused why does your GP need to speak to a supermarket?

I know it is a struggle at the moment to find any slots for delivery ..

If you need food or groceries please look links provided previous post.

If you have any problems or issues please if I can help ask me.

The most important aspect of this community is to try to not only be supportive of each other but if you can help yourself if you can.

I am here with ideas, suggestions and also much needed support advice and guidance.

We have a lot on our website on COVID 19.

I do understand some difficulties I am same as every one else.

Please may I suggest write down a lot of the relevant information make notes. Write down some plans some strategies to cope.

When you join mental health charity the whole purpose is for you to deal with your issues .

When leaving will not be required to have any more support.

Often have to deal on your own they teach you methods, strategies to deal with any thing.

Education and learning knowledge. Small steps all the time.

I know for example to be organised the right food groceries to buy and the right food items that need to be stored and can be for a long time.

Often a useful tip.

Also know in my diary to add emergency numbers contacts on speed dial on my mobile.

Anything such as home and bills set up on line banking and so one any thing such as medications shopping all set up.

Much of this learnt and taught to me by floating support from mental health charities.

Volunteer roles got taught food and groceries what to be even so had some times floating support giving me ideas and suggestions.

No one likes to be told what to do especially me but got my listening ears on all the time.

A little useful knowledge is useful and education no one knows everything .

Please if you do need right now anything then please ask this community.

Always plenty of advice, guidance and information.

I am always here .  Part of my role.  We need to be patient tolerance and kind to each other.

Offer compassion and empathy, because we are a community.

We have expectations others will help us, yet if services over burden struggling then we evaluate options and choices.

Please keep safe and warm.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @mrbuttons   You are important if you need to know  anything ask me or the community.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited March 2020
    jacksprat said:
    @atlas47 If you answer the questions on https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable at the end you are either told you satisfy the requirements or not.  I did not, and was left nowhere.

I would have remembered if after rejection I was asked to contact my GP.  In any case, there is no communication path between my GP and the supermarket  [I cannot see him waiting for 2 hours on the phone].

I reiterate that the HMG criteria are not for identifying the disabled.  This might explain why I have not received anything from my GP or HMG.

That is interesting, I was told neither, all it said to me was they would start delivering food parcels to those on the list within days, but nothing about whether I met the criteria.

So it sounds like I may need to fill it in again as I have been waiting for someone to contact me to let me know.

If they are making "instant, automated" decisions then it would seem they only considering those at risk to the virus specifically as in need, else there would be a delay whilst they check medical records, pip status etc.

So we both in agreement that they appear to have side stepped the disabled.
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    I first received a text saying that they had assessed me as being one of those especially vulnerable and to remain at home under all circumstances for 12 weeks. The next day a letter arrived confirming this.
    I registered saying I had received the letter. Today, the first box was dropped off outside my door. Later on, the county phoned me to ask what I needed and how frequently I wanted checking-up on.
    Apparently "the list" is the top 50k most vulnerable people.
    They have moved promptly and effectively but it does mean that I'm in the government deadpool of those most likely to die if they catch it. :|

Brightness