LCWRA help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA help

just86p
just86p Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone. I received a letter on my journal on 24/3/20, after asking for a mandatory reconsideration on 17/2/20 about Lcwra, stating I have now been awarded this element. In the letter it states that (after the 3 month period as I starting claiming/handing in sick notes 1/4/19) it will ‘start to be paid in the assessment period 1st July 2019- 31st July 2019’ as my payment assessment dates are from 01-31 of each month then I’m paid on the 7th. The last 2 months payments I have been hit with the benefit cap and so my payments have dropped by £342 p/m which I’ve found a struggle. I have a few questions if anyone could give any advice I’d really appreciate it. My first is : Will the lcwra element be added ready for 7/4/20 pay? Or will it be on Mays Payment? 
Will the benefit cap now be lifted for me? So the £342 being deducted will stop, or does it mean I won’t be affected if lcwra takes me over the limit? 
How long roughly does lcwra backpay usually take from the time you receive your letter? Thanks for any help, sorry about the long post ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news. Your backdated money should be paid separate to your usual monthly payment and you should receive another letter on your journal sometime this week giving you details of the money that's owed.

The benefit cap will now be lifted and any money owed from that will be repaid back to you.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • just86p
    Thank you so much for the quick reply poppy! Fab, that’s a weight lifted off my mind. Do you know if the extra element will be added by my 7/4/20 payment or will it likely be added to 7/5/20 payment? Thanks again
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

Hopefully it will be added to your next payment, you'll soon find out because you should receive your statement in the next few days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • just86p
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi, I am on universal credit and in February I had my work Capability Assessment after that the decision letter came and they said I wasn’t entitled to the extra payment so I did a mandatory reconsideration and still no luck, so on the 6th March I appealed and yet still waiting. I did ask them to do it as urgent as I spoke to my manager Wednesday about my health and they said they have to send something to my work then this week or next week they will phone me and I will be dismissed on ill health. I have just seen that you are getting the LWCRA  with all of the virus etc going on. I also saw that there are no assessments appointments and other appointments, but people are still getting there normal payment plus extra, should I be getting the extra payment while on universal credit. 
  • poppy123456
     should I be getting the extra payment while on universal credit. 

If you mean should you be receiving the LCWRA element, then the answer is no, not at the moment because you were found fit for work. Not being able to do your current job will not automatically entitle you to LCWRA because they assess you're ability to do any type of work and not just the work you would normally do.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    As my appeal went in on the 6th March and I said can I have it done urgently as I’m going to be dismissed due to ill health shortly, I had a phone call meeting with my manager on Wednesday and they said I have to send something to the company and in 1-2 weeks I will have another meeting on the phone to say dismiss on ill health grounds, after the phone call I had Wednesday I went on my journal to say my sick pay finished week just gone and I said currently not working so I have got a tiny amount of payment for this week but next month will be the lot.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @just86p. Really pleased you've been awarded LCWRA. As Poppy said, you'll no longer be subject to the benefit cap. You should receive the ongoing LCWRA payments from your next payment. If it isn't, get in touch with your case manager via your journal. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.