Hi, question about pip assessments during coronovirus. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, question about pip assessments during coronovirus.

Options
hfr00
hfr00 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve seen on the news that face to face consultations won’t be happening for the next three months I’m due my pip review anyday now. 6 months before claim ends if that’s correct. And I’m wondering what’s going to happen as claiming pip is stressful enough let alone with all this going on. Just wondered if anyone had more information to put my mind at rest. Will it just be a paper based review if they can’t do face to face assessments? Thanks H
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

All face to face assessments have been suspended for at least 3 months. You'll most likely still receive the review form but it will either be a paper based assessment or a telephone consultation. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/face-to-face-health-assessments-for-benefits-suspended-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hfr00 - I just wanted to say 'welcome'. Please let us know if we can support you in any other way. I hope you enjoy being part of the community. :)
  • Dewsbury
    Dewsbury Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I had a f2f for a new claim at the end of Feb 20, will I still be getting a decision? The DWP have told me by tex that they had the report from the assessor 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @Dewsbury - Welcome to the community. Yes, you will still get a decision, but it may take even longer than usual. You can however, ring the DWP & ask for a copy of your assessment report. This should give you an idea for now as to what points you're likely to be scored. This because the DWP Decision Maker usually goes with the assessment report. You will still have to wait for your decision letter in due course.
  • hfr00
    Options
    will the DWP always contact claimants before there pip award ends? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    hfr00 said:
    will the DWP always contact claimants before there pip award ends? 

Usually 6 months before by sending the review forms for you to fill in and return.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hfr00
    Options
    What’s likely to happen atm as my needs have got more complex and there are no face to face assessments atm? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I believe that the review form will still be sent at the time it should be (6 months before) but the time to send it back will be extended. If a decision hasn't been made by the time your award is due to end they will extend the end date so your award doesn't end and you won't be left without money during the pandemic.
  • hfr00
    Options
    So my pip review is due this month but will I still get it or will they send review forms out after coronovirus? As I’ve tried researching it but can’t any information about it, 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    This thread here states all reviews are suspended, which means no forms are being sent out for at least 3 months.

• hfr00
    Options
    Okay so I can expect a review after June? If coronovirus restrictions change. I’m just worried about having a gap in my claim. Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    At the moment reviews are suspended for at least 3 months. What will happen after that then no one can predict this. We'll all just have to wait and see what happens.

There won't be a gap in your claim because all claims the are due to end will be extended so that we won't be left without money.

Please have a read of this link and it will confirm the extended awards that are due to end. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-update-benefit-reviews-and-reassessments-suspended

• hfr00
    Options
    Would I still be able to contact DWP and request a review? 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    As Poppy has said, & the link confirms, all reviews have been suspended for 3 months as from the 24th of March.
  • hfr00
    Options
    Okay I get that, I just don’t want there to be a big gap in my claim as I don’t know how long DWP can take. 
  • hfr00
    Options
    Well my award ends in August 2020 so if everything goes back to normal in June and I have to make a fresh claim or my claim is reviewed I won’t be getting any payments after August and it’ll take DWP longer than the two months to make a decision more than likely. Sorry it’s just been making my anxiety worse thinking about it . 
  • hfr00
    Options
    Thanks for your reassurance! 
  • hfr00
    Options
    So I’ve heard that pip claims that are coming to an end are being extended. How many months are these claims being extended? 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @hfr00 - 'Anyone already receiving PIP, ESA, Universal Credit or Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, will continue to receive their current payments as normal while alternative arrangements are put in place to review or reassess their claim.' This from the Government's website. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/face-to-face-health-assessments-for-benefits-suspended-amid-coronavirus-outbreak   for confirmation. The number of months isn't given, I presume because of the uncertainty of the current situation.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.