Reassessment in lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassessment in lockdown

Jiggy
Jiggy Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi my pip is due to run out I think around June July as I know they reasses 6 months early .how will this be done on lockdown as I'm stuck at a friends away from home or have they given more time
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    You might be as well giving them a call, you don't want to miss getting the paperwork, for the next 3 months all assessments will either be paper based or by phone
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Hi,

As your award is due to end in the next few months you should have already received your review form. If you have and it's been returned and a decision hasn't been made by the time the award is due to end, because of Covid19 DWP will contact you and extend your current award. This is so that vulnerable people will not be left without money during these very difficult times.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jiggy
    Hi,

As your award is due to end in the next few months you should have already received your review form. If you have and it's been returned and a decision hasn't been made by the time the award is due to end, because of Covid19 DWP will contact you and extend your current award. This is so that vulnerable people will not be left without money during these very difficult times.

• Jiggy
    Hiya it is due in 2021 but I'm expecting it around June july
  • poppy123456
    Reviews and assessments are suspended for at least 3 months and they won't be sending out any review forms during that time. If you are due to receive your form in July this year then i can't tell you what will happen that far ahead because that will be outside the 3 months. You will need to wait until nearer the time to see what will happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jiggy
    Ok thank you if you hear anything can you keep me posted .

Kind regards
  • poppy123456
    I'm sure the announcement will be posted somewhere on the forum after the 3 months.
  • Jiggy
  • Jiggy
    Reviews and assessments are suspended for at least 3 months and they won't be sending out any review forms during that time. If you are due to receive your form in July this year then i can't tell you what will happen that far ahead because that will be outside the 3 months. You will need to wait until nearer the time to see what will happen.
    I got a letter the other day to say my pip has been extended till October 2021.and payments will continue but a Facebook group iam on are saying they have had this then got renewal letters a few weeks later .
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Answered on your other post

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.