When does LCWRA apply from? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When does LCWRA apply from?

kelly21
kelly21 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited April 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
have been I ward is this... my frosting sick note was back on 11/11/2019... iv work for over 20 years... but now had to give up work due to my health xxx I done really know about benefits what dose these mean?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm sorry but i'm not able to see exactly what the decision is because you've zoomed in too far and i can't see everything.

If you've been awarded limited capability for work (LCW), you won't be owed any backdated money. Please take a look to see exactly what it says and come back to tell us. Someone will then help you further, if needed.

If the decision is limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) then you'll receive an extra £336 per month from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first sent your fit note. As it's 3 full assessment periods then it will depend when you first claimed UC.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kelly21
  • kelly21

I claimed in November and that was when my first **** note was put in with my claim 
  • kelly21
    Sick note sorry it’s my phone playing up
  • poppy123456
    You have been awarded LCWRA and your first extra payment will have been March, which means they owe you £336. This should be paid separately to your usual monthly payment. Your next monthly payment will include the LCWRA element and continue to be paid each month.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kelly21
    Thank you so much.. for helping me with this 
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome! :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kelly21

Good Afternoon & Welcome ??

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I do hope that my good friend @poppy123456
    has helped you to date????

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kelly21 - Welcome to the community from me too. I'm pleased you've had a helpful answer from Poppy. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.