Help applying for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help applying for PIP

Options
fee51
fee51 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Guys, thanks for letting me join ?
Wondering if you can advise me please. I have Fibromyalgia & mental health issues. I'm trying to fill in the PIP form but really struggling with it. My doctor advised me to apply for PIP. Any advice would be really helpful ?

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @fee51 - Welcome to th ecommunity its great to have you here. This is a great place to look for advice and thank you for joining us. :smile:

We have lots of members that will be able to help. Also you can check out parts of other chats that may also be useful  related to PIP.

Take care and keep safe

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

You need to fill it out with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Do be aware that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

There's never enough of space on the form to write everything so i'd advise you to use extra sheets of paper but make sure you add your name and NI number to everything.

Make sure you send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

At the moment all face to face assessments have been suspended for at least 3 months. They will either do a paper based assessment, a phone assessment. video assessment or they will wait until face to face assessments are back up and running. Under normal circumstances a PIP claim can take several months. This could likely be increased due to Covid19.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fee51
    fee51 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thank you for the info  :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fee51

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today ?

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

It is great to see that you have already had some good info so far.

I have recently been through the “PIP Process”

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fee51 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm sure Poppy's information will prove helpful in completing your PIP form. Good luck with it. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.