Using Loops in GarageBand — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using Loops in GarageBand

Options
csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are keeping safe and well in this current time?

I was not sure where to post this as I could not find a relevant group. My question is:

Are there any musicians in this group who use Garageband? I have just downloaded the loops from Gargeband but am not getting any sound. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I can drag and drop the .Wav files into the Template and I can play them, but that is a s far as I have got. I am just wondering if this could  be due to my inputs being set up incorrectly? 

Could someone help me please? 

Many thanks,
CSno01

Comments

• csno01
    Options
    Hi Mike,

I am using my MacBook Pro. I managed to get audio output via the computer speakers today. I am just messing around with loops and experimenting. I have a pair of Air Pods, although I have not got these to work as yet. So far, a step forward though. I have used both Cubase and Cubasis in the past. It was a while ago mind.
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @csno01 - We have many helpful members. Hopefully a few will be able to help.

@Adrian_scope @Chloe_Scope can you think of any relevant places?

But while we have time at home it is good to be trying and doing a few new things. 

Stay safe and enjoy your music

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @csno01, this seems like an okay place to post your query. Unfortunately, I've never used GarageBand, so can't really offer any solutions. What MacOS are you running on?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry @csno01, I have not used it. I hope someone else can help. :)
    Scope

• csno01
    Options
    Hi @csno01, this seems like an okay place to post your query. Unfortunately, I've never used GarageBand, so can't really offer any solutions. What MacOS are you running on?
    Hi Adrian
    High Seirra. 10.13.6.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @csno01, I can't say I know anything about GarageBand, but I've found this discussion from 2018 about someone struggling with outputs on Apple Communities. Apparently the fix was relatively simple in the end and came from going into GarageBand Preferences, then Audio/MIDI and changing the output. 
    Let me know if you have any luck at all!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • csno01
    Options
    Hi Adrian_Scope,

I am running on Mac OS High Sieera Version 10.13.6. 

Have you now got audio output on the loops?
    Hi Mikehughescq,

I have been experimenting and am pleased to say that I now have audio output on Garageband. 
    I find I am spending more time practicing piano rather then expirementing with Garageband at the moment. I hope you are both keeping safe and well at this time.

Csno1

Brightness