Industrial injuries — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Industrial injuries

Options
blueboysad
blueboysad Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Are there any circumstances in which industrial injuries benefit is disregarded as income when claiming income support? Thanks

Comments

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @bluebadsad

As far as I am aware IIDB are not a means tested benefit and therefore count as income.

I am tagging @Username_removed , as I understand he is a welfare rights officer, to provide a more definitive answer.

Best wishes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,026 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

It depends on what other benefits, if any you and a partner that you live with claim. If you're claiming a means tested benefit like Income Related ESA/JSA, Income Support, housing benefit, pension credit, Universal Credit then yes it affects them.

Contributions based benefits are not affected. See link for confirmation and scroll down to 4.4 affects on other benefits.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456

As you have stated in your post above, Income Support and IIDB, are counted as actual income, for this benefit.

No doubt, when @mikehughescq, cares to breeze along, he will provide a divinity view.

Best wishes
  • poppy123456
    Options
    IIDB is counted as income for means tested benefits, not the other way around.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • blueboysad
    Options
    Hello.My wife and I do not work.I claim Income support as a carer for my 12yr old grandson who lives with us and we have parental rights for him.My grandson receives middle rate care and low rate mobility DLA.I also receive carers allowance for him.We also receive child tax credits,child benefit and council tax reduction.I also receive IIDB life award due to a work accident.We have been on income support about 2 yrs and I have been receiving IIDB for several years.I was browsing at a recent Income support letter and spotted a break down of my claim which stated income you have told us about and it didn't mention my IIDB.I am a very honest guy and I am sure I mentioned the IIDB when I made my Income support claim.Before I ring the DWP to check my claim I am seeking advice to find out if my IIDB benefit could possibly have been disregarded with my Income support claim.Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's counted as income for the Income Support. Do you have any paper work from when you first applied for Income Support?
  • blueboysad
    Options
    No unfortunately
  • blueboysad
    Options
    Tried to ring Income support today twice.First call on hold 78 mins gave up.Second call 54 mins gave up again.Income support are now ringing me tomorrow hopefully I will get sorted.Thanks for your replies
  • blueboysad
    Options
    DWP rang today and they are looking at my original income support claim.They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and will receive a letter shortly.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Fingers crossed it all gets resolved quickly for you @blueboysad.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.