How have people got on with the transfer from DLA to PIP? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How have people got on with the transfer from DLA to PIP?

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    When the letter is received to apply for PIP you need to make sure you are his appointee, if he's unable to deal with his own benefits.

My advice is to do some research regarding the PIP because it's totally different to DLA. Claiming DLA doesn't automatically entitle anyone to PIP.  Start by reading this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • yingtong
    yingtong Community member Posts: 37 Pioneering
    I transferred from DLA in May 2017 without any problems and was awarded enhanced on both,I had a home assessment and I was 68 years old and no review for 10 years,if live that long.Good luck.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Thanks yingtong. Im hoping the PIP application will be easy enough. It was a long fight - two years to get DLA sorted.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I went from full DLA for 20 years to PIP full award ok. Had a home based f2f and got the result 3 weeks later. But it sure was an anxious time
  • kelly21
    kelly21 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    My daughter has turned 16.. she been on DLA for 13 years her health has not got any better she has a rare genetic condition only 5 family in the world have this as well has having ADHD and anxiety... the only thing that change was her age... they did no if it was safe for her To Attend a face to face as her behaviour is unpredictable... but in the end they said for me to take her.. she only had to give her name and date of birth in this appointment... the ask me about my daughter..  they turned her down so I ask for a Mandatory reconsideration mandatory reconsideration  they turned that down... iv now gone and appeal this...  is there anyone that could tell me how the appeal works 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.