Hi, my name is Gillian987! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gillian987!

Gillian987
Gillian987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, am new here. It’s difficult for me to get advice on things. If it’s not written down I forget within a few hours, I hardly ever go out even before the virus, as I find it difficult to face people and places especially new ones. I just go blank and go home. Had quite a few health problems and it all gets too much some days. I hope I can get advice about things here that I find normally difficult. Hope everyone is safe .
          Regards Gillian.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gillian987 - Welcome to this supportive community & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read you are facing several health problems. What sort of advice do you need at the moment? There's usually someone here who can help. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Gillian987 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Gillian987 and a warm welcome to the community.

Is there anything specific you'd like advice on at the moment?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @Gillian987. Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. How are you doing?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gillian987 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles.  If you could please let us know what kind of information you are looking for then we will know how best to help you.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Gillian987
    Gillian987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your replies. Sorry I’ve not been here but had a severe bout of depression and ended up in hospital overnight. Feeling very down and like belt. I’ll be okay in a couple of days hopefully 
    Regards to All
        Gillian xx
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Thank you for your replies. Sorry I’ve not been here but had a severe bout of depression and ended up in hospital overnight. Feeling very down and like belt. I’ll be okay in a couple of days hopefully 
    Regards to All
        Gillian xx
    Hi Gillian, thank you for updating us. There's no need to apologise. I really hope you start feeling better soon. Do let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Han
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Gillian987    Pleased to meet you thank your for joining.

Sorry to hear this.  Please if I can ask are you receiving any support with your depression.

Please consider these mental health charities.

Offer support and advice well being looking at anything to help you.

Benefits and health employment .

https://www.richmondfelowship.org.uk

https://www.mind.org.uk

https://www.rethink.org

Please note might not be in all areas.  You can apply on line , or speak to your GP.

Please any questions happy to answer and be supportive compassionate with sensitivity.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gillian987, sorry to hear you have been in hospital. Please do reach out if there is anything we can do to help.
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gillian987, I'm really sorry to hear about your stay in hospital.  We are all here for you on the Community should you need us.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness