intermittent working by partner — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

intermittent working by partner

dkb123
dkb123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 166 Pioneering
Over the last 3 years my partner has worked in the hospitality industry and claims carers allowance £63 , because he is regularly laid off and unemployed  this is his only income as he is on my claim for ESA ,so he can't claim UC or IS , I get the Enhanced Disability Couple rate, Carer Premium Support group and Couple with no children  plus the  When he is not working , how ever this reduces to basic £73 and the £39 support group payment 

AS he does not let Carers allowance know he gets massive bills from then for overpayment when hes in work  which is his fault hower I thought that CA is money  is taken off me  to pay him so when he's in work should my benefit increase because he is not claiming 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If all your ESA is Income related then if you're the main claimant then it will reduce when he works, that's correct. If he's not working then it should increase.

As he's claiming Carers allowance that amount (£66.15 per week) is deducted from your ESA, which is why the carers premium is added.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dkb123
    dkb123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 166 Pioneering
    I get Contribution Based ESA which is £113.55 per week which is £74.35 and £39.20 Support Group payment when he is in work  he did  2 weeks  before the virus and he earns t£183 per week which is higher than the limit of CA , so I am not getting any money back when he is not drawing it,
    The figures I gave out in the last post was from the housing Benefit/Council tax  figures on how they decided the rate of support,
    Now because of CO Vid he is still getting his 15 hours paid in full by his employer  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Carers allowance is not deducted from your ESA because you're claiming Contributions based. This ESA amounts you gave there are the new amounts from 8th April. Amounts now are £111.65 per week Contributions based ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.