Hi, my name is beesdontreadbooks! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is beesdontreadbooks!

beesdontreadbooks
beesdontreadbooks Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all, I wanted to know how long it’s took yourselves to recover enough to have a normal life if ever? I’m having a bad time with it and I’m off work so feel pressure more than ever but don’t feel there’s an answer ...

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @beesdontreadbooks    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

The answer to your question is if your suffering need help having problems adapting to new circumstances.

We are here to be supportive offer empathy, sensitivity.

All depends the condition illness you have or even disability there are organisations besides our selves who can support offer a lot information and advice.

Please contact me and try to give the relevant organisations that offer a lot of recovery changes and instil a routine to adapt.

Coping methods and strategies if you have mental health issues , could be anxiety or depression need intervention from Mental Health charities or services.

Please hope that helps you understand and please ask any questions .

Any thing you wished to know please ask. Including benefits if you need them ask and we help you.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beesdontreadbooks - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I would guess it's too early for many of us to tell, & we're all still adapting. Some, like myself, who don't get out much, in some ways may find this adaptation easier, tho it's still incredibly hard not to see, or hug our loved ones. It must be hard for you no longer working. This is were the coping strategies my friend thespiceman mentions come in. How to give structure to your day, & perhaps find you now have the time to take up an interest/hobby. There's not a definite answer, just find what may best work for you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @beesdontreadbooks. I hope the suggestions above will be of use to you.
    Can I ask how long you've been off work now?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beesdontreadbooks and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment and hope you feel a bit better about things soon.  It is an incredibly difficult time just now, but we are all here to support you on the forum so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  There will always be someone on here to listen.  There are some lovely people on here.  At first it does seem quite difficult at home, but there are ways to adapt and learn new skills/hobbies and build your life back up again and with help here you can do it.  You are not alone with this.  I hope you enjoy your time on the Community and I look forward to seeing you on here.  Please let us know if we can be of any help/support to you at all.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beesdontreadbooks and a warm welcome to the community. Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing.

(Also, I love your username!)
    Scope

Brightness