How long for a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a decision?

Options
leglessangel
leglessangel Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi my name is leglessangel and I am 43, as my name suggests I had both legs amputated above the knee in December, applied for pip and had my face to face with Capita four weeks ago and am still awaiting a letter for their decision, does anyone have any idea how long it takes cos the waiting is doing my head in ?, My husband is 67 years old and on pension credit so funds are low and we really need some other form of money coming in soon. Thank you in advance

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ leglessangle, Hello and welcome. Hope you both are coping in this new life you we find ourselves having to live in. Have you phoned DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter which can take up to 8 weeks. I hope you get an answer sonn but any money owed will be paid. 
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    @leglessangel -  sorry to hear about your situation. Whilst you wait for people to give advice on this specific question, you may fid it useful to look at some of the other pages, such as: ESA or if you are unsure waht you are entitled to you can have a look at this board. Thanks.
  • leglessangel
    Options
    Thank you, I wasn’t aware that you could contact DWP about it so will do that now x
  • leglessangel
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I received my award letter x I got high rates on both sections which is good news, now all I have to do is try to get my blue badge and free car tax which I hope is easier than the pip form ? x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Brilliant news about your award @leglessangel! :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.