Footwear for odd-sized feet — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Footwear for odd-sized feet

KAR
KAR Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Often buying two pairs of shoes to get something for both feet - I have 3 pairs that I would love to pass on to someone with the opposite size feet to me:
2 on the left and 3 on the right.
Of course this can differ with manufacturers, so one pair says:
3 on the left and 4 on the right - or 35 on the left & 36 on the right.
To be clear, my right is the smaller foot.
They are all leather & I just want someone to get some use. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for this @KAR, very kind of you. :)
    Scope

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Can I message you @KAR
  • KAR
    Yes please April - please do message me. 
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Hi I have right size 1 and left size 2. As an adult it is very difficult to get shoes. There is one saving grace about being a wheelchair user that my shoes dont wear out! Where do you buy size 2 shoes?

• KAR
    I've bought Pavers, Russell and Bromley & TK Max in the past - but yes, it's not easy. My left shoe wears down, as that side of my body does all the work - whilst I end up with spiral patterns on the sole of the right, where I evidently spend a lot of time swivelling on the spot. It would be good for shoe manufacturers to offer smaller sizes more frequently - even Clarks have reduced the range.

• littleacorn
    Yes I do buy Pavers or Fly flot. Most of  TK  Max shoes often have high heels which I wish I could wear as they look beautiful. I can get away with size 3 ankle boots as long as they have a zip in as long as they are not high. Its the opposite to me its my right foot that does all the work.
  • KAR
    Ditto with the shoe height - its a question of constantly looking. I did just come across some information indicating that shoe companies will make odd shoes to order, which included Clarks. I haven't had an opportunity to check that out yet. Someone also sent me a link to shoewap.com, which links the user with a 'shoe buddy'. Bingo - exactly what I've been looking for! But when I tried to proceed, I was informed that the site no longer existed. There must be so many people in the same situation as ourselves so I'm wondering how to set up such a site (again), and how to publicise it to those in need, as I haven't had much response through Scope.
  • littleacorn
    Im not a tech person so cant help with that. I am sure there will be some information for disabled people setting these things up. Have a look on google. If I come across anything I will let you know. It would be a great resourse I'm sue.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.