LCWRA query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA query

SmokeyWilson
SmokeyWilson Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Good morning, i found your website while trying to find out about this limited capability for work-related activity because i was awarded lcwra but was told i would not be receiving anything backdated. My support worker thinks that this is not right and i have not been able to find out anything because of the lockdown we are in, it has become a mission to contact the UC.
  I know the first fit note was handed in on 13/12/2019 with my work capability assessment being on 28/02/2020, I got the award letter before i arrived back home from the assessment and i know that from the first date to 3 months later is the 13th of March with the first payment showing up on the 4th of May which is my usual date for it going in the bank. The reply the UC gave does not tell me much more and confused me more. So i would like to know if i am to get the payment backdated or is the UC right ? 

Below is the message i got back when i enquired...

Hi Paul,

You have been awarded Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA) from 13/12/2020, you do not receive the additional payment element for the relevant period of 92 days. You will receive the first payment of LCWRA from assessment period 28/03/20 - 27/04/20 due on 04/05/20.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That sounds correct to me. There's a 3 full months of assessment period for waiting. This means that the LCWRA element is then received on the 4th month of your claim because UC is paid in arrears.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SmokeyWilson
    Thanks for the reply poppy, am i correct in thinking when the 4th month comes round ( 13/04/2020 ) I will then receive the payment for the previous 92 days during the relevant period? I am not sure if i am getting lost in the complicity of it all and the lcwra award letter says one thing and UC is telling me something else.  Thanks again 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @SmokeyWilson
    Unfortunately they don't pay LCWRA for the 3 month wait period, so you don't receive payment for the previous 92 days.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • SmokeyWilson
    That is what i thought would be the case they don't make that clear until you start chasing them up. 
    Many thanks for the advice. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.