ADULT DEPENDENCY INCREASE STOPPING — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ADULT DEPENDENCY INCREASE STOPPING

Minton22
Minton22 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi, have been receiving Carer's Allowance with an increase called the Adult Dependency Increase. We are in our 50's and have just been told that the ADI of our carers allowance is stopping on 5 April.  I know that the ADI paid to people in receipt of Pension credit was stopping in April but does the stoppage affect those not receiving Pension based benefits? Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    ADI was closed to new claimants in 2010, would universal credit now be an option? tbh i'm not sure but somebody will answer that one for you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Minton22
    Thanks @ woodbine. I was aware that ADI was stopped for new claimants in 2010.  

My question is whether ADI of Carers Allowance is being stopped for claimants receiving ESA (IB).  I understand that its stopping for people receiving Pension Credit.

Thanks
  • 1965zulu
    1965zulu Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi there
    I also have had the allowence stopped
    I am 55.i was told in may when I received the letter that the 37.50 shortfall would be made up with extra income support.after 6hrs on hold to the  dwp still non the wiser.i will try again tomorrow and update you on any news
  • Minton22
    Hi @1965zulu. Thank you. Yes I discovered that all Adult Dependency increases paid in any benefit stopped on 5 April. Initially I thought it referred to pension credit payments but it refers to all benefits.  Hope you get yours sorted out. Thanks for replying.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.