My appeal is may 2020 will this still go ahead? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My appeal is may 2020 will this still go ahead?

Options
Angela5144
Angela5144 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My appeal is may 2020 will this still go ahead?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome.

I just answered your question on another thread with the reply.

The current scenario is that all tribunal venues are shut and there are no oral hearings at all. Telephone hearings commence with immediate effect but most likely those where you have a rep will be postponed until they can get the bandwidth and organisation to enable conference calls. In the remaining cases a judge will preview the papers and call the appellant around the time the hearing is listed. They may also make separate calls to the DQM and medical professionals who might otherwise have sat with them. Some cases will be decided on the papers only but consent would ordinarily be needed for that. My personal guess would be that the only ones decided on the papers will be those where people have either consented to a paper hearing already or they’re one of Ernie Ryder’s “no brainier” cases i.e. those which ought to have been decided in favour much earlier. 

Whether this will still be the case in May, no one knows. Unfortunately, you will just have to wait to see what happens.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Angela5144 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I see Poppy has answered your query, but please do let us know if we can support you in any other way. Please do also chat here any time. :)
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Angela5144 wondered how you are getting on? Have you heard anything?
  • Angela5144
    Angela5144 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Not heard anything yet
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    @Angela5144 -  well you received good advice from @poppy123456 so I am sure that brings some clarity.

As she says, it might be a while until they are able to deal with it. I hope you are coping ok during this lockdown.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.