Changing bank accounts with PIP anyone know the time frame it takes please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changing bank accounts with PIP anyone know the time frame it takes please?

RTX1
RTX1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hiya everyone, Well not sure why my email isn't registered on Scope as It was 6 months ago and no longer is?

Anyways, I am about to change bank accounts as I am closing my old one down, The bank has closed the local branch and thats really inconvenient for me, However there is another bank that has a branch here and with no signs of it closing, I am about to change the accounts but concerned how long it takes to change? I dont want it to take 6+ weeks or anything silly, So does anyone know please?

Thank you.

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Are they both current accounts?  If so, you should be able to use the current account switching service, it transfers all of your payments and direct debits within 7 days.

I've recently done it myself, and while I don't receive PIP, my housing benefit and ESA was swapped over within that time and received on the usual dates in the new account.
  • RTX1
    RTX1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Oh that's great news, many thanks for the information. Cheers. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.