'Confirm previous earnings from work' — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

'Confirm previous earnings from work'

NeedHelpASAP
NeedHelpASAP Community member Posts: 25 Connected
In the 9 months before you claimed Universal Credit, were you living with a partner?
My husband and i were not living together for about 2 months before i started the claim during about ( 5/9/2019 to 9/11/2019).
I started the claim on 28/10/2019. I am confused to whether i answer yes or no. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

If you wasn't living with your partner during the time they are asking then of course you will answer no. When you did start to live together then you would have needed to claim as a couple.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NeedHelpASAP
    the question is misleading because  for the 7 months out of 9 months i was living with my partner but for the 2 months i wasnt.
  • poppy123456
    The question is asking for 9 months before you claim, if you weren't living with your partner at that time then the answer is no.

If you didn't report the changes when you started to live with your partner then you'll need to tell them the date which you started to live with them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • NeedHelpASAP
    '9 months before' as in the time between 9 months ago and at the start of the claim 
    or the date 9 month ago.
    thats what i am confused about. 
    thank you
  • NeedHelpASAP
  • poppy123456
    The answer is in the question... " 9 months before you claimed Universal Credit"
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @NeedHelpASAP. It's a really poorly worded question, isn't it? It's asked to determine exemption from the benefit cap, because if, during the previous months it is asking for, you were living with a partner, their income from wages can also help grant you the benefit cap grace period.
    Have you submitted an answer yet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • NeedHelpASAP
    I have not submitted it yet. I asked for help via journal but haven't got a response yet (been a week). My partner is self-employed so he does report his income every month.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Yes he'll need to report his income every month @NeedHelpASAP. At the end of your assessment period he should receive a prompt to report his self-employed income. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I got asked if i had worked and there is no way to say i hadn't.
  • NeedHelpASAP
    In the 9 months before you claimed Universal Credit, were you living with a partner?
    My husband and i were not living together for about 2 months before i started the claim during about ( 5/9/2019 to 9/11/2019).
    I started the claim on 28/10/2019. I am confused to whether i answer yes or no. 

Some one please check the info above and help if the answer is yes or no ?
    Thank You

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.