I got the covid-1`9 SMS text 12-week isolation message! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I got the covid-1`9 SMS text 12-week isolation message!

Options
jacksprat
jacksprat Community member Posts: 21 Connected
I'm confused.  Some time ago, when my GP surgery was trying to scare me into getting a FLU vaccination, they sent me a message telling me that I had COPD.  I don't [I had to look it up].  At the time [2019] I told the surgery of their error.

Imagine my surprize getting a message from the NHS Coronavirus Service telling me that I am at serious risk, and should stay at home for 12 weeks!  It invited me to register on the same website that had already rejected me as not being at risk.

I remember Sainsbury's saying that they had identified their vulnerable customers [creepy without my telling them that I am disabled].  Then they insisted that I register with the HMG covid web site and stopped my access to food[deliveries].  Since then, I can get Sainsbury's deliveries [my neighbour can't], but why I am not sure.

I am not interested in spending a few hours on a phone line to  tell them.  After all, the last time I left the house was October!
Tagged:

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    They may well be going through all those people who registered before they changed the criteria? and have suddenly decided to put you on the list.

One thing I have wondered e.g. is the BMI criteria, because all this is been done automatically without interaction with patients, all sorts of mistakes are likely been made, e.g. what happens if you weigh 3 stone less the last time your doctor weighed you, it put you on say a BMI of 38, but you now have a BMI of say 41, but because that's not on the GP record, you dont get the letter.
  • jacksprat
    Options
    @worried33 I am fairly sure that I am not by any definition especially vulnerable to covid-19.  The only reason that I am getting the 12-week isolation warnings simply because my GP wrongly thinks that I have COPD.

Having said that, I do not want to run the risk of becoming infected as almost any adult can become seriously ill with it, and living alone with a disability makes the prospect scary.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi jacksprat ....the doctor maybe thinks you should be on the  vulnerable list . If you have not been out this year I think you should be on the vulnerable list to be honest . You obviously cannot go for provisions yourself , so that makes you vulnerable in itself I would say . 
    Keep well ?
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    Yep thats what I meant as well, so I expected they contacted the GP, who said he thinks you should be on the list, thats what my GP said he is working on for me, so your case gives some hope.
  • jacksprat
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Seanchai and @worried33 Thanks.  Sainsbury's are so secretive that I cannot second guess why my food deliveries restarted.  I am scared to disturb this situation for now.  I will wait to see what happens. 

• Kit_
    Kit_ Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Classic case of right outcome, wrong reason, I guess? I'd say don't tell them and get your shopping slots booked while you can!

Brightness