EDS and PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

EDS and PIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh well thanks for the vote of confidence 
    Just a heads up for you to be aware.

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Sheenarose1 best of luck let us know how you get on x
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    @Yadnad my friend I really don't understand how you have come to this conclusions you've stated above?

But one thing is I can assure you they do sometimes get the decisions right, I know you feel you've been hard a hard done by the PIP process and the difficulty you've had with it,  I know it's not perfect but people do get it, as I've said to you in the past many times if you feel your decision was wrong fight for what is right, yes they do use your PIP 2 and medical evidence as you can see this one in my photo is this first page of 1 and I have another page full on the reverse of this page of justification of advice.

And its the case and they have done all the same in all my reviews for ESA and PIP etc. my PIP one is a great example of this in this photo.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Sheenarose1
    Sheenarose1 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Hey me again,so far I have been to disk and was helped with a MR letter...it’s been8 weeks and I’m still waiting...I’ve called and all I get is call back in a week or two...has anyone else had this? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no time scales to any decision. Backlogs is just one of the reasons a decision can be delayed. There would have been extra delays with Christmas and New year too.

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the recommendations in there. Just look for the boxes with dots or ticks and use the PIP descriptors to add up the scores recommended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sheenarose1
    Options
    Hi poppy,I’ve has the assessment report from my f2f which was all lies.i call them this morning and it’s still with the decision maker who it has been with since the 7th November with still no decision...so it’s just a waiting game I guess 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah i see, looking back at your posts you're waiting for the MR decision. There's no timescales to this either. Only 18% of decision change at this stage and most people have to take it to Tribunal. If the decision remains the same then i'd advise you to do this and get some face to face advice from welfare rights or a law centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sheenarose1
    Options
    Thank you,wow only 18% that’s very little..I used to get it until January this year which I put in my MR letter,I didn’t appeal it then when I told a friend they told me to put in a new claim which I did then when that was turned down I went to disk for there help and advice in writing my MR and what to do if it’s turned down again...but it’s starting to take its toll on me now at it’s been since the 27th June 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your experiences, @Sheenarose1. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can, and I hope today is as kind as possible to you.
  • Sheenarose1
    Options
    Morning pippa,
    well ive rung pip this morning after waiting 9 weeks. 
    My MR was not granted so off to tribunal now..does anyone have any advice please 
  • Sheenarose1
    Options
    Hi all,just a quick update..93 weeks since I first applied for pip..my tribunal was cancelled 2 weeks ago and I’m now awaiting a telephone tribunal date with a judge...
    im so deflated buy the whole process,I hate talking on the telephone as I wear hearing aids and I struggle so much ?..I hope your all well and staying safe x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear this @Sheenarose1, I cannot imagine how frustrating this must be. Please do see if things can be done over textphone. Is there anyone who would be able support you through the assessment?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.