Hi, my name is Babushka68! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Babushka68!

Options
Babushka68
Babushka68 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm not sure what I hope for or expect from this group but I feel so isolated and alone I want to connect with others in a similar situation.

Comments

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Babushka68 and welcome to the community. You've come to the right place!  People on here are friendly and are always up for a chat. Please feel free to have a browse around the forum and post in any discussions you find interesting. I hope this forum helps you to feel less alone.

Han. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Babushka68 - You are most welcome to join us all, as this is both a friendly & supportive community. Many people feel isolated at the best of times, & many more now. We all care & support each other anyway, & now more than ever. So, very pleased you have joined this group, & do join in with the discussions as Han_ suggests, or pop into our virtual 'Coffee lounge' where we chat about just about anything. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 269 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Babushka68 -  Well first of all we want to say hello and thank you for joining. We are a community as @han and @chiareds have said to help and support in whatever way we can. There are lots of subjects and chats to be involved in or you need advice simply ask.

It is a very difficult time and we are sorry you are feeling isolated. Useful information was posted here  you may find it beneficial.

Take care and keep safe :smile:

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Babushka68 and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read that you feel isolated. Lots of us here on the community have shared those feelings, so you're not alone. Do you want to tell us a little about yourself? Or pop into the coffee lounge and get involved with some of the discussions there? It can be a good place to figure out the community and get to know some of the other members. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Babushka68 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Babushka68 and welcome also to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear you are feeling isolated and alone.  It is a really difficult time at the moment so completely understandable to feel that way.  You are not alone, but are amongst friends on here.  We all pull together and support each other and you will find lots of friendship and kindness on here.  We are a friendly bunch of people too so as others have said, please feel free to have a look around the site and join in any discussions you are interested in and as people have been saying, the Coffee Lounge is a really good place to start.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway and anytime you feel like a chat please do so as there will always be someone on here.  If there is anything at all you need help or support with then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness