Calling Crafter's to share there projects during lockdown. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Calling Crafter's to share there projects during lockdown.

Craftylindaw
Craftylindaw Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
Craftylindaw
As my name describes me I am Crafty in other words I am filing my time in lock down crpeating craft projects I'm on Birthday cards at the moment is anyone else being crafty what are you making? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This is a great idea @Craftylindaw! Thank you for starting this thread.

I enjoy crocheting and would like to start some new things during the lockdown. I've been working on a large blanket for ages, so it would be nice to finish that.

Here is another craft thread that we have on the community that you might find interesting. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I`ve been making cushions and cushion covers. 16 so far!

Today I made a peg bag...

Pollsx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Amazing @pollyanna1052! What fabric have you been using?
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    Hi, I buy fat quarters from The Range. Fat quarters can be very expensive. I have paid as much as £3.30 for 1 piece (they are about 3 ft square).

I got a pack of 5 for just £2.25 in polyester. I pay £4.99 for 5 pieces in cotton. They come in all sorts of pretty colours and patterns.

Pollsx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi, I buy fat quarters from The Range. Fat quarters can be very expensive. I have paid as much as £3.30 for 1 piece (they are about 3 ft square).

I got a pack of 5 for just £2.25 in polyester. I pay £4.99 for 5 pieces in cotton. They come in all sorts of pretty colours and patterns.

Pollsx
    @pollyanna1052! Yes fat quarters can be expensive, I always find it's nice to have a range of patterns though. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I have started doing abstract paintings ready to sell in my local craft shop when it finally opens again.
  • Chloe_Scope
    That sounds lovely @deb74
    Scope

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

Hi @deb74 -  you will have to show us when you have finished your painting. It is great you are looking to the future with some great opportunities. 

Enjoy and maybe the sunshine will inspire you today. Take care and keep safe

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I have always been interested in art and crafts but usually do textile crafts and thought I would try something different! 
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
  • kazzy1
    kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    I'm into paper crafts particularly scrapbooking. I'm having to limit my time or lose I'm going to run out to photos and space ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    This is true @kazzy1! Do you scrapbook about anything particular?
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    Made another 4 washable masks for hospice this morning.

New sewing machine arrived.....start on it tomorrow....excited!!!

Pollsx
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    A hard puzzle I finished today. It was a thousand pieces so it took me two whole days.  
    What do you think? 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    A hard puzzle I finished today. It was a thousand pieces so it took me two whole days.  
    What do you think? 
  • Rue
    Rue Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    My kids made their own masks, My husband laughed that so far my mother and I am the only ones to have incidents. They also pointed out that they're allowed outside to go to school and I'm not, the meanies :) Love their selfies, I can never get them in focus if I try to take a picture. They wanted masks 'cause it was unfair daddy got to wear them at work (works at a hospital). 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    They're very talented @Rue. Did you teach them to sew?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Rue
    Rue Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    @Adrian_Scope yes, they learn quick, maths and art rolled into one. Next step is to figure out English lessons, I struggle with getting thoughts out and most languages I know elude me often (on the other hand my kids are getting amazing at charades) and my husband is dyslexic and would rather clean the house than read even the kids books. One has add but once fixated on something will study in-depth (we are getting taught about Queen Victoria's reign, products made during that time etc. etc. as well as about Jupiter's moons because are moon is boring) my son had autism like I as well as dyslexia like my husband and seems to be taking after his dad at avoiding English at all costs. They would normally have learning assistants which they don't at home. Sorry for rambling. It's just getting a tad much as I have their full undivided attention and they glue themselves to me, daughter is seriously missing her friends and the outdoors. Right,  I'll stop here before rambling more.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    I too enjoy card-making and make cards for family and friends.  Not brilliant at it, but I enjoy it.  I have also been working on a diamond painting for a couple of months now and still to finish it, but just one day at a time and it will finally be done.  Love my knitting also and usually go to a group for this, so working on a child's cardigan that can prove to be a bit difficult at times, but will keep at it.  Crafts are great for keeping our spirits up!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness