Isolation advice please ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Isolation advice please ?

Options
funkyunicorn76
funkyunicorn76 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi everyone hope you all doing ok,just after some advice please,i decided to self isolate i ihave asthma, Fibromyalgia, high blood pressure and mental health issues and im doing ok not great but trying to keep busy, my question is i i ha mobility issues walk with a stick i i ha a bad back and hips i am starting to stiffen up im also not sleeping well just wondered is it ok to go for a little walk round the block I'm terrified of getting it, i got the flu and with my fibro i i seem to get it hundred times worse so for me to get this virus would b very bad i i would b stuck in my flat on my own ?thank you for reading this ,Stay safe ?

Comments

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    If you've not had a letter to say you have to isolate you are allowed to go for a short walk just keep your distance from other people x
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @funkyunicorn76. firefly123 is right about the exercise. You need to exercise. As long as you keep your distance from other people or maybe go out for a walk early in the morning or late at night when there won't be many people about. If you have mental health issues keeping yourself in complete isolation will probably make things worse. 
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 269 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @funkyunicorn76 -  its is such a hard time and knowing what is the right thing to do as we wish to keep safe. I can understand you concerns about leaving the hose.

What floor flat do you live on ?

Some useful question from the government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do 

Summary of two questions

1. When am I allowed to leave the house?

You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible

one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person

travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home

2. Can I walk my dog / look after my horse?

Yes – provided it is alone or with members of your household.

People must stay at home as much as possible to reduce the spread of the virus. But you can also still go outside once a day for a walk, run, cycle. When doing this you must minimise the time you are out of your home and stay at least two metres away from anyone else that isn’t from your household.

3. Can I go to the park?

You can still go to the park for outdoor exercise once a day but only alone or with members of your household, not in groups.

Communal places within parks such as sports courts, playgrounds and outdoor gyms have been closed to protect everyone’s health.

We ask that households use parks responsibly and keep 2 metres apart from others at all times.

Unless you are with members of your household, gatherings of more than two people in parks and other public spaces have been banned. The police have the powers to disperse gatherings and issue fines if necessary.

Just make sure you keep a two metre distance from others. Keep safe at all times.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @funkyunicorn76, sorry to hear you are finding isolation really difficult and that it has had an impact on your physical health. 

Here is information from the government website about lockdown:
    One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
    Please do let us know if we can do anything to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness