DLA TO PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA TO PIP

Presgeorge
Presgeorge Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, after recieving dla lower rate for both care and mobility for 15 years, i was asked to apply for pip in November 2019.I recieved the award letter on Thursday 9 April 2020.Without any face to face assesment i have been awarded lower rate.£23.60 for both components. This came as a surprise as from what i can see there is no lower rate only standard rate. Also the award is for only 6 months. Has a mistake been made?. Thanks P. 

Comments

• Presgeorge
    Presgeorge Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi, after 15 years receiving lower rate dla for both components i was asked to apply for pip in November 2019.I recieved the brown letter on April 9 2020.I have been awarded lower rate pip £23.60 for both components. This came as a surprise as i thought there was no lower tate, only standard rate. Also the award is for only 6 months. Has a mistake been made. Thanks P. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Presgeorge    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Please may I suggest you speak to a member of our team @poppy123456 who can answer your questions.

Lady has exceptional knowledge and expertise on benefits.

Be in touch as soon as possible, you could appeal any decision.

Lots on our appeal procedure on our website, please have a look.

Called a Mandatory Reconsideration .

Please if you have any questions please ask @poppy123456 or speak to CAB is another one can contact.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Presgeorge, hello and welcome, your award notification sounds OK as you transferred from low rate DLA to PIP. PIP as standard and enhanced on both categories daily living and mobility. If you think or feel your award should have been higher you will have been sent details on how to appeal in your award notification letter. Happy Easter. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.