ESA payment hasn’t gone in. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA payment hasn’t gone in.

buster1
buster1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone. I’m messaging on behalf of my sister who is disabled. Her ESA payment was supposed to go in yesterday, but it’s not gone in for some reason. I don’t think they would have stopped it as she hasn’t had a letter or even been asked to go for a medical assessment, I’m just wondering if it’s late due to it being a bank holiday week, has anyone else not had their ESA payment go in yesterday?

Comments

• davenich
    davenich Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    if it was due on a bank hol it sould have gone in early sorry icant be of more help

Dave
  • buster1
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for replying to my message Dave. The only other thing I can think of as to why it’s late going in, is because they’ve had a lot more people applying for benefits due to the Coronavirus situation. I’ve tried about three different phone numbers to get help, but all the call centres are closed for the bank holiday weekend. It’s so bad to put my sister in this situation, she’s very sick and the added worry is obviously going to have an effect on her.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @buster1   Pleased to meet you .

Thank you for joining and sharing.

There have been a number of problems with benefits, members have asked the team.

Lots of it is the  Bank Holiday and the situation we are in.

Please if you are experiencing problems just wait and hopefully be in soon.

I know every one  similar situations.   I also know be staff issues and some problems delivering a service

If I can help with anything, your sister has any support.

Please if I can help with any of that happy to be supportive offer relevant organisations, charities.

Please let me know.

Please take care and keep safe. Best wishes to your Sister.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    Any benefits due on good Friday or Easter Monday should have been paid on Thurs 9th, its all done by computer so errors can be made, the only thing you can do @buster1 is tele on Tues and see what's happened, my advice would be to tele as early as possible.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @buster1   Just been on DWP website no information at all regarding any delays or problems.

Which I think is wrong should be a link or a line any delays of course it is stressing every one including your sister.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @buster1 - I'm sorry to read your sister hasn't received her ESA payment. Other members have said their payments were also late recently. Your sister shouldn't worry other than it might be a little late. As woodbine suggests, you should ring on Tuesday to query this. As you surmise, there have been so many applications for Universal Credit that that there has been a delay responding to some other benefits. I hope you find out more on Tuesday. Please let us know how you get on.
  • buster1
    Thank you everyone for your replies, it’s much appreciated. If her ESA payment still hasn’t gone in by Tuesday, I shall phone up and try to find out what’s happened. Will let you know how everything goes, thanks again.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Do people get paid ESA on different days?  I thought we were all paid on a Tuesday!

• buster1
    As far as I know, my sister has always received her ESA payment every 2 weeks on a Friday, I didn’t know some others have received it on a Tuesday, I’m just wondering now if they’ve changed the date for my sister to receive her ESA payment. Will hopefully find out by Tuesday, so annoying for it to happen now whilst everyone is off due to being a bank holiday weekend.
  • OverlyAnxious
    edited April 2020
    buster1 said:
    As far as I know, my sister has always received her ESA payment every 2 weeks on a Friday, I didn’t know some others have received it on a Tuesday, I’m just wondering now if they’ve changed the date for my sister to receive her ESA payment. Will hopefully find out by Tuesday, so annoying for it to happen now whilst everyone is off due to being a bank holiday weekend.
    I've received mine every other Tuesday for over 4 years so just assumed we were all paid on the same day.  I don't think they'd change it without telling you though.  Would be interesting to hear from other which day they get paid. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    Well this is weird...mine has gone in today... :o 

A day early and a bank holiday...nothing makes sense any more!  :D
  • buster1
    Hey everyone. My sister’s ESA payment finally went in today, talk about huge relief. It’s not fair she was kept waiting so long as she was worried they had stopped it without letting her know, but I can understand things might not be running at normal efficiency due to the Coronavirus situation.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @buster1 - Great news for your sister. Thank you for letting us know. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @buster1 and welcome to the Community.  So glad to hear that your sister's benefit has finally gone in and hope she is doing ok.  I can appreciate that this would be really stressful for her.  Thanks again for the update.  If there is anything we can do to help you or your sister then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • buster1
    Thank you everyone for your messages, it’s nice to know there’s people out there who completely understand what it’s like to go through a situation like this. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.