Light topic Hair — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Light topic Hair

Bridget14
Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
Have any fun ideas to pass on for people who usually have hair cut barber/hairdresser on regular basis?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited March 2020
    Hi @Bridget14. I never really went to the barber as much as I should, but I've just totally shaved mine off to save needing to for a while :D 

I saw on Facebook a few people are using it as an opportunity to let their natural colours grow through or setting up challenges to either take the plunge and cut it all, or see how long they can grow it - while raising money for charity. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I saw that as well @Adrian_Scope! My sister has used it as an excuse to dye her hair bright red as she won't be in school for a while.
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    We will see a new hair length fashion in men’s hair starting to show over the coming weeks, those who managed to get a cut before the lockdown will have six weeks to catch up the long haired yobs.  As for the ladies well worst for them as the colour grows out panic self colouring shades will be tried attempted with the help of daughters and dare I say husbands and sons. HELP
  • Bridget14
    Be interesting to see how many hats are worn until hairdressing/barbers appointments been made ;)
    Let's hope once people allowed back  out these businesses can make up for the work lost over the past weeks.
    Some of you may have 9 week head start on me!

• Pennywren
    Pennywren Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
    We cut my husbands hair yesterday on number 3 so not to fierce my hair is below my bra strapat back but ive always cut it myself i tie it in ponytail on top of crown and cut straight across ends dont cut to short or u have spikey bits x i leave a good 4 inches its hard to discribe but it does layers whole way threw and a v shape down the back with shorter layers at face and on top its lovely x its my birthsay tomor and wedding anniversary today so i got a hair repair mask as hubby dont want me to trim hair it needs some love x main thing is if u cut it off u cant stick it back on x also i coloured my hair alot over years be careful with vibrant colours as they can be hard to cover later xxx
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Bridget14 welcome to the community. I’m definitely letting mine grow out for a bit.
  • Bridget14
    Hello emmarenshaw thank you for your welcome hope you are keeping safe and well.
    I am also letting my hair grow at present, although in 6 - 8 weeks time I may change my mind  have a go at trimming !
    I know 2 men in family different households who have purchased hair clippers since lockdown.
  • Bridget14
    Pennywren Happy Birthday and congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Thank you for your description with your hair which I am pleased to hear you are taking good care of with hair mask and not cut it.  No 3 would be good for nice tidy up.
    Enjoy your day and keep safe.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    @Bridget14l I am thank you. Please let me or one of the other members or Scope Team know if you need anything or have any questions at all. We’re all happy to help.
  • Silverlady1
    Silverlady1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I have been cutting and dying my hair for a very long time! I be disabled and live life in a wheelchair and to help myself cut my hair I place 3 mirrors in a triangle shape upon table top. I place my head in front of this triangle and I can see all around my head! Since I like my hair very short using clippers most helpful! I used to use scissors but not able to now but I still try! 
  • Bridget14
    Emmarenshaw Thank you for offer of help and support.

• Bridget14
    Silverlady1 Hope you are keeping well. What a very useful way to cut your hair I am sure many users of community will be glad of this advice.
  • Silverlady1
    You be a busy busy person regardless 
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    I cut my own hair yesterday ???
    It looks alright to be fair. It's curly so it's not as easy to tell. I wouldn't attempt it if it was straight. 
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • Silverlady1
    Louise H,  way to go well done you, ever so proud of you.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    LouiseH said:
    I cut my own hair yesterday ???
    It looks alright to be fair. It's curly so it's not as easy to tell. I wouldn't attempt it if it was straight. 
    Skills! My fringe is getting dangerously close to needing a trim!
    Scope

• Silverlady1
    Louise, tip for you - cut into your hair at an angle so it looks like you removing small triangles. This thins the hair without you losing length. Thank you Anna
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It's handy that your wife can cut your hair @KristynSpecter :) How long has she been doing that for? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness