Not trusting our support worker — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not trusting our support worker

jenmas1985
jenmas1985 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there my children and I have dyslexia and my daughter and I sometimes have anxiety we help each other a lot through what were going through and talk a lot we have people judging us and sometimes not being nice online and in the community we have a support worker that whispers to our newly met social worker about us and we feel we cannot trust her as she like to join in with the family telling lies about us and it’s not been pleasant at all we don’t trust her as she says her and the other support worker for their family don’t speak but we’re not sure any more what’s should we do.  The only support worker we kinda trust is my sons and she’s from baranados and believes in both my children not just one 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jenmas1985   Pleased to meet you . Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this about your support.

Please if I can suggest you have two choices a number of options.

First one is your care and that is important if you think you need to complain I would suggest that, not good to hear this at all.

All support workers are bound code of confidently.

Should not be talking to others.

I have option choice two which is to find another support worker.

I recommend the following .  Mental health charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk

https://www.mind.org.uk

https://www.rethink.org.

All offer floating support advice on welfare, benefits and anything else your are concerned with.

Might not be in all areas.  You can apply through GP or self refer.

Please if I can help with anything, please ask.

Happy to help be supportive.

Please take care and keep safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jenmas1985 - Welcome to this great community from me too. How are you today? :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @jenmas1985
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

Hi @jenmas1985 -  thank you taking the time to reach out. We hope you find helpful advice and support from our members. 

Let us know how you get on and if you have any specific questions then just ask

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jenmas1985 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through.  You have been given good information/advice above by @thespiceman and I hope you find this helpful.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  We are all here to support you on the forum.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jenmas1985, how are things at the moment?
    Scope

• jenmas1985
    jenmas1985 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited April 2020
    Getting a little better just had a lot of bad things happen to my family in the community and my children and I are slowly trusting people again but we really DOnt wants judgement From them we really just would like to bond and be a family again with whatever we have been going through to make us happier and stronger and know that there is good people out there that are kind and genually care rather than keeps bringing up my past to move on And to have a bright futures for myself and my children And family and friends to know we can do this 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jenmas1985, I'm glad trust is slowly coming back. I imagine it's been a long process.
    Scope

Brightness