How's everyone coping? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How's everyone coping?

Kissy2020
Kissy2020 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have just joined, I am taking in the support to work programme, really find it useful I am finding it hard during this lockdown wondering how other people are coping? Was feeling really stressed yesterday hope your all staying safe and well.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kissy2020 - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for joining. I think we're all having to find some ways to adjust at this difficult time & here we support, & look after each other as much as we can. Please have a look around the forum; you might like our virtual 'Coffee lounge' where we have ideas to keep us all occupied, word games, etc for a bit of light relief. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge
    Hope to see you there. Let us know if there's anything we can help you with too. :)

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hello @Kissy2020 Welcome to the community! You will find this forum a great place for support and to make friends. Also have a look through our coffee lounge for hobbies, interests and general chat. 

It has been stressful with the lockdown, being limited with being able to go out and meet friends and family. I am trying to be as active as possible when I am indoors. I have taken up learning a new language following YouTube tutorials and started drawing again to help pass the time.

We are sorry to hear the lockdown is causing you a lot of stress, but we are here for you whenever you want to talk. With the support to work programme what are you looking to do after it is complete?
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

Hello @Kissy2020 welcome to the community. 

I am sorry you are feeling stressed. I am sure by sharing your experiences here you will find much needed support and advice.

Check out this thread about helping to stay positive https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/69980/keeping-positive-under-lockdown#latest
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kissy2020 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear you are finding these difficult times stressful.  You are not alone as it can be a very distressing time, but we will get through it together and come out the other end stronger.  We are all here to support each other on the forum as other members have said and we are here for you anytime if you want to chat.  There are many lovely people on the forum and everyone is so supportive of each other.  

How are you feeling today?  Do you have any interests or hobbies you could do from home?  I hope you are enjoying being on the support to work programme and wish you well with it.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and find the forum helpful.  I look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is any way we can help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Kissy2020, how are you? :)
    Scope

Brightness