new universal rate - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new universal rate

2»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Any increases are effective from 6 th April however the additional £20 per week UC won't be paid until 12th May in most cases (6th April + 5 weeks)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    woodbine said:
    Any increases are effective from 6 th April however the additional £20 per week UC won't be paid until 12th May in most cases (6th April + 5 weeks)
    How come? Thought it took effect from 6th April 
  • Welshlad90
  • Welshlad90
    Can someone please clarify
  • phoeiblaze1
    phoeiblaze1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Welshlad90 said:
    I just saw my payment due on the 19 of this month...it includes the increase
  • Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 said:
    I just saw my payment due on the 19 of this month...it includes the increase
    What the £20 a week increase? 
  • phoeiblaze1
    phoeiblaze1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Welshlad90
  • Welshlad90
    So ive seen ic is due to go up again this month for certain people. Want to know if im getting limited capability for work will i be eligable for this increase
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    So ive seen ic is due to go up again this month for certain people. Want to know if im getting limited capability for work will i be eligable for this increase

What you've read isn't all that it seems i'm afraid. It's to do with those that previously claimed the old legacy benefits such as Income related ESA/JSA and Income support, that included a severe disability premium (SDP) and were forced to moved across to UC.  Lots of people have already received backdated money that they were owed.

For the SDP you would have needed to be claiming a disability benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care, live alone and no one claimed carers allowance for looking after you. If you're claiming the New style ESA then the SDP would not have been included in this.

Hope this helps explain it a little more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Welshlad90
    So why does it state on there that those who have been determined for lcw and already receive the extra money on their uc willl get a extra £120.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Because it's all about the severe disability premium and those that were forced to claim Universal Credit.

More information here in this link. Scroll to the bottom to "previous SDP recipients already on universal Credit.

From the 8th October it will be converted to transitional support protection instead of a seperate payment. Unfortunately, if you weren't previously claiming the SDP then this doesn't apply to you.

If it was a newspaper you read this then it's as it always is with the people..... they only ever print part of the story.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.