What to expect next ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to expect next ?

jack2019
jack2019 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi , i have been diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy sensory ,motor ,axonal peripheral neuropathy im in extreme pain with burning prickling and stinging im on a fair amount of meds but dont know what to expect next or any way of making life a bit more bearable due to pain and lack of sleep .jack
Tagged:

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jack2019 and I'm sorry to hear this. Being newly diagnosed can be daunting as nobody knows what to expect. It will take time to adapt but you'll get there :) has your GP/consultant talked with you about how to manage the pain? Have you been referred to a pain clinic?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jack2019
    No not yet just in mid air since the corona virus problem difficult got other problems aswell hammer toes numbness balance probs im just stuck feel as ive been given meds the left to it .
  • Ami2301
    I can relate, after being newly diagnosed with Ataxia I wasn't given any treatment plan, any advice of what to do next, or anything. It was horrible and scary. It might be worth contacting your GP to talk about a referral to a pain clinic, you might no get an appointment during the pandemic but at least you would be on the waiting list :)

It's also worth looking online for support groups, it is helpful hearing from others experiences and you don't feel so alone anymore :)
  • jack2019
    Thanks it nice to speak to people who understand i will contactmy gp again when i feel less fatigued but im pleased to be talking to fellow sufferes thanks again jack
  • Ami2301
    No problem, we will always be here if you have any further questions or just need a chat :) 
  • jack2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jack2019. :)
    Scope

Brightness