PIP and Blue Badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and Blue Badge

Options
lavinia
lavinia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My pip is expected to run out in may 2020 my problem is my blue badge also up for renewal I'm worried I wont get my reply from pip before I can renew my badge.
I rang my council they said they need my points score but I cant give them has pip needs to assess
 Can you advise me please
 Thank you

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @lavinia - it's great to have you here in our community. :smile:  We hope you find some like-minded people here and some reassurance and advice that helps with your particular issue. For PIP related information and advice have a look here. For Blue badge related information and advice please click on this link.

I hope you are able to resolve your issue. Let us know how you get along.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lavinia - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. PIP reassessments have been suspended for 3 months from 24th March, so it will be some time before this happens & you get a decision. Will your council not accept the points you currently have with PIP?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lavinia and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear of your present situation with your blue badge and PIP and I hope you manage to get it all sorted out.  You have been given very good info/advice already by members so I don't have anything to add, but just wanted to welcome you anyway.  Please let us know how things go and I wish you all the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • lavinia
    lavinia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you guys 
    I will contact my council again and ask if they will except my old assessment score. And will let you know of their decision.
    Thanks Lavinia

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.