PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal

Gaille
Gaille Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Guys,

I have a question re my son's PIP appeal, He has received all the paperwork re his appeal and in the statement from the DWP they have stated that they have made their decision re his PIP application based on the report from his ESA assessment. He applied for EAS based on the advise of his job coach. He applied for PIP prior to applying for ESA. MY question is is it legal for the DWP to make a decision regarding his PIP application based on his ESA assessment which he has also appealed. This seems strange as if he by some slim chance won his EAS appeal, where would that put the decision relevant to his PIP appeal??

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Gaille   Thank you for your post and sharing.

Please can I advise PIP and ESA are separate benefits.

This can happen can get one but might have to appeal second if lost benefit.

Even though may send same evidence and reports.

His job coach should have explained this to him.

Please look at our website or look at this link.  For further advice including speaking to an advisor.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Please if I can help with anything please ask me.

Please take care and safe.

Best wishes to a positive outcome.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.