Phone tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone tribunal

2»

Comments

• fatherinpain
    fatherinpain Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
    @Adrian_Scope after phoning pip this morning to get a better understanding of what happens with back pay, I understood there was something like a 28day wait but  I was told not to expect it anytime soon as nobody is dealing with non means tested benefits at this time. Is this correct? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • fatherinpain
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Can i ask you you what sort of questions did they ask you My husband has hes next week and he is a nervous wreck been waiting for 12 months 
  • fatherinpain
    What they asked me will not be the same as your husband as I have multiple issues going on but the only part that was on appeal was how mental health affects mobility, so questioning was generally around this but with a few “red herrings” to cross examine previously answered questions.Best advice I can give is be honest and if the tribunal think that you pair to the criteria/points then the award will be given. Good luck to your fella 
  • fatherinpain
    @mikehughescq, I don’t really understand your reply could you elaborate a little, and in your opinion what would be the estimated wait? What was point of doing tribunal if decision is being put on hold? I fully understand that there are people in need more need then myself at this time but for all intents and purposes I was only trying to get an understanding of my own situation only to be told “not to expect it anytime soon”. This wasn’t the point of the call, the reason is to get an understanding of what happens next as it has been 2 very long years nearly
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fatherinpain - I think we can all appreciate that you've had an incredibly long wait to get a tribunal decision. Unfortunately no-one can give an estimate of how long it might take for you to get your backpay. It must be so frustrating for you, but there is no accurate answer as mikehughescq, who is way more knowledgeable than I, has been at pains to say. Please be advised by him.
  • fatherinpain
    @Username_removed how your reply reads is....
    no what you have been told is not true, then you give reason for it to be true
  • fatherinpain
    Just to update monies have been paid which is even more baffling given what I W was told on the phone
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Pleased to read you've got your monies, & it didn't take too long. You must be relieved it's all over. :)
  • fatherinpain
    No, that’s obviously not true given there have been >1m UC claims in the past 2 weeks.

What is true is that DWP staff are not immune to restrictions on movement; the inability to work from home and Covid-19. Given the restrictions it makes absolute sense to focus energies on those with no income whatsoever. It was never possible to give an exact date on such things. Less so now
  • fatherinpain
    Because you said it wasn’t true then gave a reason got it to be true

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.