Written another poem about standing up against domestic violence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Written another poem about standing up against domestic violence

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
Hello 
I have written a poem about standing up against domestic violence which I will be posting in the scope community in next few days 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Looking forward to it @Globster.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger

Acrostic poem about standing up against domestic violence 

Did not aspect the person I thought who loved me to hurt me 

On each day your fist marks on my body and verbal abuse 

Make sure you get the support and help you need 

Every time I wish you would stop hurting me 

Stay strong and get the help and support to get out  a difficult situation 

Today is the day you can decide to make the change 

I understand that some people might be scared about standing up against their abusers 

Come on you can do it make a stand against domestic violence 

Variety of opportunity to tell your story and to help others to make a decision to change their lives 

I am not saying it is going to be easy but you can do it 

Let our professionals help and support you through your difficult situation 

Every day make one small step each day 

Now I do not class myself a victim anymore 

Come on you can change your life and bring happiness back into it

Especially thankful to the help and support I got in a difficult point in my life 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Hello 
    I realised that there was a letter missing from my poem with my domestic violence poem above so I reposting my poem 

Did not aspect the person I thought who loved me to hurt me  

On each day your fist marks on my body and verbal abuse 

Make sure you get the support and help you need 

Every time I wish you would stop hurting me 

Stay strong and get the help and support to get out  a difficult situation 

Today is the day you can decide to make the change 

I understand that some people might be scared about standing up against their abusers 

Come on you can do it make a stand against domestic violence 

Variety of opportunity to tell your story and to help others to make a decision to change their lives 

I am not saying it is going to be easy but you can do it 

Opportunity to turn over a new leaf in your life.

Let our professionals help and support you through your difficult situation 

Every day make one small step each day 

Now I do not class myself a victim anymore 

Come on you can change your life and bring happiness back into it

Especially thankful to the help and support I got in a difficult point in my life 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing these with us @Globster, really powerful!
    Scope

• Globster
    Would you put this poem on Twitter 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    You could post the poem and tag Scope in if you'd like. :)
    Scope

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @globster, powerful words. The use of Social Media is such a powerful way to express ourselves
  • Tesdl
    Tesdl Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    As a survivor of coercive control and financial abuse I hope other disabled people will get help when they are suffering from abuse of all kinds and receive the help they need. People think that able bodied people who have relationships with disabled people must be kind but no, they can be looking to make a vulnerable person their victim. It is difficult to find a way out when you are severely disabled but it's important to tell someone

• Globster
    Hello Tesdl 
    I would like to apologise to you  I brought a bad time in life back up by writing
     my poem 
    I would severely apologise to you this intention by writing my poem

• Tesdl
    Tesdl Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Not at all. It's something that I don't forget, so your poem simply reminds me that other disabled people may at this time be suffering and makes me wonder if services for people like us are better now. 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    very moving poem. 

Brightness