LCWRA backdating — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA backdating

Options
dropme125
dropme125 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi iv got a quick question iv been awarded lcwra and the have told me it's been awarded for 15 months and awarded from the date I asked for it to be witch was November and now we are in may I have rang universal Credit to see when my money will be paid and how much and to check it is being paid back from the date they awarded it from for so.e 1 to tell me no it wont be back dated and I will receive my payment in may when I'm due to be paid but said it will be for just 336 I dont understand if it's been awarded from November why will it only be paid from may that means I lose out on nearly 6 months off it and payments can anyone help please 

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @dropme125 - Welcome to the community its great to have you here! :smile: We hope you find some like-minded people here  and some reassurance and advice that helps with your particular issue. Have a look around the Universal Credit board - . Again, welcome. :smile:
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dropme125 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sure if some of our members or one of the Scope Team are able to assist you with your enquiry then they will be in touch on here.  I hope you find an answer to your enquiry anyway.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dropme125 - I'll ask Admin for some help. @Adrian_Scope , would you advise here, thank you.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @dropme125. There is a 3 month wait period for LCWRA to be put into payment, but that shouldn't take you to May.

Is November when you handed in your first fit note to Universal Credit? Do you know what the exact date was and do you know your assessment periods?
    With that information I could help calculate when your payment is supposed to begin. 

(Thanks for the tag @chiarieds!) 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.