Dinner and/or Dessert — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dinner and/or Dessert

Options
Denise11
Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
The conversation about biscults is going on and on, so I was thinking, what is your most loved dinner or desert!   As I'm come from Cornwall, mine is a Steak Pasty and then scones with jam and cream.  

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scones with jam and cream are delicious!  I love these too, @Denise11.  

My favourite dinner is mince and potatoes with veg and my favourite desert is trifle.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My favourite dinner has to be a BBQ I think. I’m a big meat eater (sorry to any vegetarians) and I love the taste of BBQed food. Also it is nice being outside!

I am not into puddings so much. At a restaurant I prefer to have a starter over a pudding...does anyone else find they have to choose as if they have a starter they can’t eat a pudding? :D
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love jacket potatoes. I fancy a apple crumble tonight right now. Might make that tomorrow! This is fun. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Dinner would have to been fajitas or pasta bake.

For desert sticky toffee pudding or apple crumble.

Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    I love vegetable goulash. It takes ages to prepare but it is well worth it! I don't really eat desserts but if I had to choose one it would be tiramisu.
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Options
    Vegetable goulash does sound good, very good. 
  • MummaT
    MummaT Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options

My favourite dinner would either be a pasta bake or a nice risotto
    Absolutely love sticky toffee pudding, oh I so would love that right now, yum 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I can't decide, but today I really fancy a curry so I'll go with that for favourite dinner.

As for dessert it'd be a chocolate gateau. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • littlechef
    littlechef Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My wife loves braised pork chops in red wine with fresh vegetables and mashed potatoes as a good old Yorkshire pudding , and for sweet home made Apple crumble with creamy custard .
    Lovely .
  • littlechef
    Options
    Adrian what curry do you like do you like  very hot or mild I do like a madras chicken curry with golden veg rice .
  • littlechef
    Options
    If you live in the West Midlands you may like gray peas and bacon.with thick crusty bread .Lovely .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Kind of medium-towards hot curry. I quite like madras, but a good chicken bhuna is one of my favourites @littlechef
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • littlechef
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope when I was in catering a customer wanted a curry hotter than a tinderloo curry so put more hot chilli in dish than curry on checking with customer his face was so red and sweet running down his face, he said that was just right I said I feel sorry for your wife he it doesn't effect him that way lol ? 

Brightness