no income — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

no income

hi, I don't have any income and am disabled with osteoarthritis and fybromialga, I got taken off dla in nov 2018 after a medical and lost on appeal. I applied for pip on 7th feb 2020, and am still awaiting a decision. my husband is on low pay and recovering from cancer. everyone I know gets some form of benefit help??? im in my 50's and worked until 2 years ago. can anyone help?

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    What a disgrace that your left without any money coming in. 
    This is the 21st centry. Wr one of the richest in the world yet your left without help or money.
    Try asking 1 of your councillors for info.
    Also theres a group in birmingham who may know of help in your area their nu is 0121 728 7030 ask for Billy who is s very knowledgable lady.
    Also 0333 772 1931 have alot of info and would have a good chance if pointing you in the right direction in your area
    Good luck
  • Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    katho31 sorry to hear of awful situation you are now placed in due to ill health.  Misscleo has given some positive advice which I hope helps you.
    As well as this have you tried Macmillan?

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @katho31. Have you looked into doing a full benefits check-up? Depending on your household circumstances you may be able to claim Universal Credit and go down the work capability route. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    thank you so much everyone, im going to email my local councillor today and also ring the numbers you've recommended, when I know anything ill post it, again thank you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katho31 - Welcome to the community. As Adrian suggests, try a benefits calculator.

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    ive tried the benefit calculator, not entitled, just have to wait for dwp to get back to me

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.