PIP Appeal at short notice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal at short notice

gallagher66
gallagher66 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is jan and this is first time on forum today I received a letter which was dated 8/4/20 it says my pip appeal date is mon 20/4/20at 1445 pm via phone calll due to carona virus I am absolutely dreading it as it’s such short notice I don’t no if my rep can help on day any advice tips anything please to help me thanks jan
Tagged:

Comments

• gallagher66
    Would love to hear from anyone who has also had appeal via phone call and at short notice am so nervous
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gallagher66 - Welcome to the community, Jan. As you wanted your rep to participate, you could have rung to say you wanted your tribunal postponed until they could also be involved in it.
    On a positive note, it seems that there's currently a trend that Tribunals over the phone have a high success rate.
    Don't mention any 'inaccuracies' in your assessment report, concentrate on explaining any difficulties you have with the activities of daily living & mobility due to your disability (as they were at the time of your appointment). Just take your time, be completely honest, & ask them to repeat any questions you're unsure about. If you made a copy of your initial claim booklet, perhaps read through that again. Good luck, & please let us know how you get on. :)
  • gallagher66
    Thankyou so much chiarieds for your reply I spoke to my rep today I have to ring him mon morning so he can advise me waited so long didn’t want to postpone thankyou again I will keep you updated xx
  • gallagher66
    Hi to all like to say am glad I joined today,as I said earlier got letter today to say pip appeal is this Monday afternoon via phone call, i attended a sea medical 4wks ago and got letter week ago basically stating I passed and was staying in support group the examiner on the day chose not to do the physical exam to my surprise , so I was wandering do esa inform pip or vice Verda thanks jan
  • gallagher66
  • chiarieds
    Hi Jan, As PIP & ESA are completely different benefits, your ESA continuing award, will not affect any PIP decision (or vice versa), if that's what you're wondering about.
    I'm pleased to read how helpful your rep is being. With his help, I can completely understand why you didn't want to postpone your Tribunal. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @gallagher66, how did you get on with the telephone tribunal yesterday?
    It would be great if you could share your experience with us. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • gallagher66
    Hi all hi Adrian thanx for asking ? well as you no it was very short notice my anxiety an stress levels are up also because my rep could not be with me but we spoke prior to appeal call and he which settled my nerves a little, my daughter was with me and the whole call took approx 1hr to be fair the panel were really nice esp judge she assured me at anytime if it got to much jjust to say and she’d give me all the time I needed till I could carry on, unfortunately she said they couldn’t give me decision there and then but at the end of day it would be done and put in post I received email today saying they sent so ??it’s in my favour thanx again means a lot 
  • gallagher66
    Type your comment I chiareds thanx for reply I have posted how my appeal call went on mon ??it’s in my favour 
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    @gallagher66. That's great news. I bet it's a huge wait off your shoulders. You did well under extremely difficult and distressing circumstances.
  • gallagher66
    Aww thankyou mobilegames I do feel like a huge weight has been lifted just waiting for letter now see what happens 
  • chiarieds
    @gallagher66 - Delighted to read your news. Congratulations. Well done on getting through it all. Hope you're relaxing again now. :)
  • gallagher66
    Hi hi all hi chiarieds hi Adrian thanx for support and comments with rep and joining really helped me cope sooo I have news got my letter I won appeal?got standard for both can’t believe it really thankyou again xxxxxxxxxx❤️?❤️Xxxxxxx
  • MangyWolf
    MangyWolf Posts: 40 Connected
    Wow, I've been waiting for my PIP appeal since last April. Originally it was due on 3rd April. They arranged for it to be done by telephone on the same day but then still postponed it. After throwing all my rattles out of my pram at them they told me it was because they didn't have the facilities for telephone appeals in Kirklees, only in Bradford and Leeds, so I told them well then call me from Bradford or Leeds? They agreed and it didn't get delayed too much, it's on the 27th now.

I asked 3 times to have my appeal sooner because I didn't have enough money but they still wouldn't do that.
  • gallagher66
    Chiarieds yes thanx been chilling was quite mentally exhausted so glad it’s over xx
  • gallagher66
    Hi mangywolf yes I had waited 14 months last feb19 they were only doin calls because of situation with virus I do believe they are also trying to set up video link as well as calls 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great news @gallagher66! Well done on seeing it through and I'm glad you've been awarded. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.