Slightly confused - PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Slightly confused - PIP

xcalibrate
xcalibrate Community member Posts: 13 Connected
I applied for PIP in February and had been awaiting a f2f appointment, now a telephone appointment. I received a text from the DWP saying that they had received the written report from the assessor and will make a decision within 6 weeks. My Care Coordinator told me that an assessor had called him nearly three weeks ago and spoke with him. I’ve received no contact from assessors re: telephone appointment, which I had been dreading.

i have paranoid schizophrenia. I submitted a care plan with my claim and all of my medication, which is varied as I have treatment resistant schizophrenia. I was expecting an appointment for a telephone assessment. Is it normal not to have one, or just luck of the draw? This PIP process seems so convoluted. Has anyone else had a similar recent experience? If they didn’t want to speak to me then it seems as to not bode well for a favourable decision. And 6 weeks! Wow.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @xcalibrate,  hello and welcome to the cummunity, Reading your post I can only assume that the information, evidence that was sent in with your application form has allowed the PIP assessment to be done via the evidence submitted and a conversation with your care coordinator and obtained enough information to enable them to make an assessment decision to forward onto the DWP. As your report has been forwarded to the DWP you can request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • xcalibrate
    I hadn’t realised that I could obtain a copy of the assessors report, thanks @wilko

i try and do that. At least, it seems, that I don’t have to have a telephone assessment, which is a relief.

Hopefully the assessment has gone in my favour, with some luck.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @xcalibrate. I'm glad @wilko was able to help you with this. I hope you're not waiting too long for a decision. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • xcalibrate
    Not received my report, as yet but did receive an ‘enough information etc’ letter today which is three weeks after receiving the same text. This process seems very drawn out. Now just waiting on a decision maker to make an erm decision.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    The form is a PA4, last time I wanted mine I had to phone twice until they sent it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• xcalibrate
    Hopefully they will send the assessors report soon. At least I’ll have a good feel then for if a MR is needed or if I’m likely to be awarded. I’m shocked that it was paper based unless they contacting my CMHT Care Coordinator made the difference. Time will tell, I suppose. Hopefully paper based is a good sign but who knows.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.