Tribunal via phone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal via phone

Lpk2116
Lpk2116 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have a tribunal appeal via telephone tomorrow for my mum. Although i have been to tribunals in person before, i am a little worried about what to expect from this one. Any advice from somebody who has recently had one? 
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lpk2116 - A phone tribunal is no different to appearing in person. They will just want to know how your Mum's disability affects her on a daily basis. It seems phone tribunals are also being more successful too, which is good news. My best wishes for your Mum, & please let us all know how it goes. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Lpk2116 and welcome to the community. How did the telephone tribunal go?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lpk2116
    Was very gruelling and hard work for mum. Shes had to go to bed this afternoon with a migraine. I hope she managed to answer all their questions okay as it was referring to 15 months ago! We will find out by post in next few days but were not holding out breath. Sadly the assessor lied about some things and im not sure they believed our version of events over hers. 
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Lpk2116 - I hope your Mum's feeling a little better; it must have stressful for her. I hope she's able to relax a little for now. I'm afraid there are 'inaccuracies' in most assessors' reports, sadly. I hope she gets the award she's expecting. Please kindly let us all know, thank you.
  • Lpk2116
    Thanks for your concern, she is feeling a little better now, at least she is glad it is over with! That will hopfully be her last appeal as she is nearly at retirment age lol. I will update this as soon as we hear something. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Fingers crossed @Lpk2116. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lpk2116 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear that the phone tribunal appeal was so traumatic for your mum and I hope she is feeling better now.  I wish you all the very best with it and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.  If we can be of any help/support to you and your mum in the meantime, then please just let us know.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Lpk2116
    Good news! Mum was granted her appeal. No post again today so i telephoned the tribunal service and they emailed us a copy of the decision notice straight away.
    She was awarded 9 points for daily living and 14 points for mobility so is entitled to standard rate pip. 
    We are so relieved it is all finally settled and hope now mum can face living with lung cancer in peace and comfort. 
    Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. 
  • chiarieds
    Oh @Lpk2116 - I'm so pleased that your Mum won her tribunal. She will get the standard rate for daily living & the enhanced rate for mobility. I'm sure you're both relieved! Thank you for letting us all know. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really good news @Lpk2116! :)
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    That is wonderful news, @Lpk2116!  I am so pleased for your mum and yes, she can relax now.  Thank you for letting us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.