Sign up for coronavirus support for the extremely vulnerable - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Options
2»

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited April 2020
    Options
    NHS Shield department rang me sunday but I missed the call, they rang me again 10 mins ago, but signal was bad and the call died.

They didnt try to ring me back :( and the number they rang from doesnt take inbound calls, the fact they didnt ring me back doesnt seem to bode well? is there a way to ask for them to call me again?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tej    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you  for joining and sharing.

Please you could set up an email with your broadband provider.

For your wife, contact them.

Please if you need anything else please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @worried33   Sorry to hear this have the other number could ask them to contact NHS Shield.

0800 028 8327

This is for Coronavirus lines for vulnerable people.

If you phone not good do you have landline or ask them to text you or use Email.

Just suggestions.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • worried33
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I tried that number, its just an automated registration service, not a query line.

When I rang my GP the response is the worst I have ever had when contacting a public service, I have told my sister who is currently arguing with them on the phone.

The GP receptionist gave me interrogation as to why I wanted to speak to my GP, then refused the appointment request, after that she started trying to read out scripted NHS advice such as you will get a letter, otherwise you have to live normally.  She also was saying any health related problems thats not covid 19 related they now refusing to deal with, so an admittance of not fulfilling their duty of care.

My concern is I have had 2 calls from 03333050466, which I now think may be scam calls, the first was on a sunday, not a normal working day, the one I answered today had a very poor signal as if the other person was on a mobile then got cutoff, he didnt ring back.  Obviously I would expect my gp to know if I should be getting these calls, but the whole thing seems to be run in a manner where they hiding from people and hiding behind automated services only.
  • worried33
    Options
    I feel a bit better now, iceland sent me an email earlier saying they gave me priority, so I know the text message I got was legitimate.

In terms of my GP, it got very messy, my sister sent her son down to the GP surgery about two hours ago, he kicked off in front of everyone, because not only did I get treated badly, the receptionist threatened my sister over the phone, the manager refused to come out, and eventually one of the doctors came to reception, and told him I would be phoned.

This call was about 5 minutes ago, the doctor was not pleased with how the receptionist refused the appointment, I also explained my ability to make online has appointments has been disabled, he said that was under instruction, however the receptionists were not instructed to refuse phone appointments when a previous was over a month, ago they only supposed to be triaging on f2f, and he said she will be spoken to.

I also suggested they need to have an email system for queries so they can be more efficient,, since so many gp's have that now, and apparently this is already been planned, he booked a proper appointment for me at end of the week, as this call was in between appointments.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @worried33    Sorry to hear  this.

Please can I ask do you have a mental health condition if so.

Use RETHINK 

https://www.rethink.org

Advocate charity works with you speaks on your behalf to Doctors, medical professionals and NHS teams.

Problems issues and any thing else.

I used them a lot before.

Kind friendly people.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness