Pip help! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip help!

Gemma_88
Gemma_88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello. My sister won her tribunal for PiP on 24th February 2020 but have not heard anything from DWP. I understand about delays with Covid19. I have tried to contact DWP but are saying bank details are incorrect when trying to get through on the phone. Not sure what to do or how to contact them to find out what's happening. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Gemma_88    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

The number is this one

0800 121 4433

I hope that helps please if you need anything else .

Please contact the community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • sarahmaccs
    sarahmaccs Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    @Gemma_88 well done to your sister. my cousin won his as well and got backdated all his money, but it did take weeks / months to get the money from DWP. I believe they can challenge it but in most cases they don’t if they loose at tribunal. I think with Covid19 going on expect to get the money in months as they have a huge backlog they advised” 
  • Gemma_88
    Thank you for responding. That is the number I rang and they just said bank details are incorrect and hang up even though she's never changed them so just confused about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gemma_88 - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry about your sister's problems with the DWP. Do try the number my friend thespiceman has given (if you haven't already), as it's the PIP enquiry line. Probably best to try when they open in the morning at 8am, or when you can be with your sister, for her to ensure they have the correct bank details.
    Great news btw as mentioned above! People have been given various answers as to how long the wait might be to get backdated money, anything from 2-8 weeks, but this is just an estimate that's given. Some receive their money quickly; for others it's quite a wait. But, the important thing is to ensure they have her correct bank details, as you know.
    Please let us know how you/your sister get on, thank you. :)
  • sarahmaccs
    sarahmaccs Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    @chiarieds is there anyway I have see the review form online? for PIP. I no it’s a shorter version just want to check it out. Please ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    @sarahmaccs - Hi Sarah, I'd already replied on another thread you had. Here's the link: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/70591/extra-6-months-given#latest
    Hi @Gemma_88 - Sorry, I'm slow to type, so I missed that you'd already tried the PIP enquiry line, as I was replying at the same time as yourself! I wish I knew what else to suggest. It's both frustrating & confusing. You'll just have to be persistent in saying they've made an error which needs to be corrected asap. Ask to speak to someone in charge. Good luck. :)

• Gemma_88
    Thank you for responding. Just getting really concerned now if someone else is claiming for her or anything as havn't had an award letter. I have written to them. Just hoping it's just delays and nothing serious.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.