Waiting for PIP tribunal but been awarded on a new claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for PIP tribunal but been awarded on a new claim

Options
ali901
ali901 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all people 
I am wanting for pip tribunal as it has. Been 18 moths and still no answer my question is in that this February I made a new claim to pip and got the standard allowance this month as I have PTSD and mental health issue so where does that leave me for my tribunal   and would  that affect my tribunal? Would be helpful to know 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ali901 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry, but I'm unable to answer your question, but some of our other members or one of the Scope Team maybe able to assist you with this and if so, will post here.  Meantime, please find the Scope link regarding PIP which gives some helpful information, if you would like to have a look - 

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please keep in touch and let us know how things go with PIP.  Wishing you all the best with it.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • ali901
    Options
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ali901 - Welcome to the community from me too. I believe that once you've made a new claim for PIP, your previous claim ends the day before the new claim you made. You now have an award in place, so I doubt your tribunal will take place. Did you make a new claim as you'd been waiting a long time for your tribunal?
    I'll ask one of the Scope team about this tomorrow for you. :)
  • ali901
    Options
    Hi yes ive been waiting for my tribunal for 18 months now? And was told to make a new claim so  I did and in February 2020 and was awarded this month standard allowance as they said they rang up my mental health team. But will I still have my tribunal and will go in my favour? 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @ali901 , -  I think your new claim stops your last claim, & therefore you won't now have a tribunal, but I will ask the Scope team about this tomorrow for you. :)
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Please @Adrian_Scope or @Chloe_Scope could you advise here, thank you.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ali901you should still have the tribunal for the original claim. If it's successful any backdating payment will run until the new claim/decision was made. I hope this helps. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.