Phone appointment with capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone appointment with capita

ceri1980
ceri1980 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ive got a phone appointment with capita will this give me a better chance of passing as i dont always look as ill as i always am 
Tagged:

Comments

• EricaMcD
    EricaMcD Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Good luck with your phone appoint this week.  I don't how a phone assessment will go, but please let the community know how it goes.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ceri1980 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I too have never had a phone appointment so unable to comment on this, but wish you all the very best with it.  As @EricaMcD has already said, please let us know how it goes.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope it goes well @ceri1980!! 
    Scope

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    I hope your appointment goes in your favour, stay safe and good luck
  • lisak20
    lisak20 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    ID FEEL MORE CONFIDENT OVER THE TELEPHONE THAN FACE TO FACE AT LEAST THEN YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY WHETHER AN ASSESSOR COULD SEE  YOUR DISABILITY  OR NOT SO THEREFORE  THERE  ASSESSMENT WOULD BE BASED ON YOUR DISABILITY  RATHER THAN  IS THIS PERSON ACTUALLY AS ILL AS THEYVE STATED..  GOOD LUCK 
  • MangyWolf
    MangyWolf Posts: 40 Connected
    edited April 2020
    Phone assessments have many advantages over face to face. The informal observation as you approach and enter the assessment centre has gone. The subjective assessment of your demeanour; clothes sense and eye contact has gone. These are all huge positives. 
    Even when you go to a face to face, they make up that all of that was perfect unless you took a witness. They'll probably still put that you looked like a supermodel based on a phone assessment too tbh.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @ceri1980. How are you getting on? Have you had your phone assessment?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi everyone, ive just had an email from my local mp in st helens, merseyside, she is trying to hurry up the dwp regarding my app for pip which they received in feb. also i had my mp's case worker telephone me today, she was very helpful and empathetic, she is going to drop off a food parcel on thursday, im so grateful for this help and hopeful for a good decision with my pip application.
  • EricaMcD
    EricaMcD Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    I have no experience of phone assessments.  I wish you well.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I suspect after 9 months it may well have been sorted  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.